cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLxVxbumqES
Constellation

Re: Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please used 5v, 2.1A usb port to charge your SamsungGear 360, it's work for me to activate Gear360.USB port 5v 2.1A

PS: i dont have Note8, i came from Singapore, i tired use samsung Powerbank, it's work wont for me.

Samsung, this is how you treat your loyalty fans Smiley Happy

userX16aoHf4Oy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't used my Gear 360 in about a year.

Over the last 2 days, I turned my house upside down trying to find any kind of USB charger I could get my hands on.  I found one very old universal adapter that I purchased 15 years ago hiding at the very back of my bottom drawer, under some old photos around the same time period that had the label 5V, 1amp.  I plugged it in and it didn't work! I punched the wall a couple times, turn around and looked at my Gear 360. THE RED LIGHT WAS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started jumping around the room like a nutcase screaming where my girlfriend got scared and ran out of the room. Oh my god, what an adrenaline run!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very HappyDDDDDDDDDDD

In total, I tried about 20+ different adapters, PC connections, cables, everything on this thread, etc... Just like someone said on this thread, you need a very low amp. I tried a 1.5amp but it didn't work the day before. Looks like 5v, 1amp is the key (original Samasung cable)! 

userqMfWFfPLeP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
https://youtu.be/t1yjbLpUSgE samsung gear 360 fixed
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please be aware that any self-repair of your device will void the limited warranty.

userGSOyWLapZC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same thing fir me... Samsung please helpppppp!!!!!
Bncwheeler
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What works for me is to use a micro usb cable plugged into a type c usb adapter which is then plugged into the camera. Seems several variations on this work. Go figure!
userqMfWFfPLeP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
userf3Hr6FT7w8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What worked for me was plugging a USB volt/ammeter dongle into my charger and plugging the 360's typeC charger cable into the dongle.

At first the meter showed 5.3V 0.0A but after a few minutes there was a flicker of life, the ammeter showed 0.01A and a couple of minutes later it climbed to 0.93A and a few seconds later the charge light finally turned on.

I think the meter was putting enough load on the charger to trick it into switching on its charge mode, maybe this is why some people have found older chargers succeed where the new ones don't .