JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 08-03-2017 09:51 AM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
161 Replies
userOaCFoa3UWi
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey everyone. I had same problem. I find out if thi happen you must take off a battery, than press on button(make sure camera is off from energy). Work as some kind of reset. Than put battery back on and put camera on charge. Should work now and charging may work at any kind of suitable charger. If you find other way please let us know. THX. 

Good luck

ps my camera start work this way. Hope do not need do this everytime.

ps2: When camera on even on full charge, doesnt work for long and eat lot of energy even you got it on charger at all the time non stop, it will drain your battery. (Im asking myself which idiotic idea was this?)

0 Likes
userhvJSXGGxoL
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How did you remove battery from the 2017?

0 Likes
Kah78
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Hi
How I do the battery off?
0 Likes
austintx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Any update? The gear 360 I received with note8 preorder was a dud. They said it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get a coupon code to order a new one. It seems more like a scam to me.
Model: SM-N950U1 Unlocked US Carrier: T-Mobile
0 Likes
userMFrDTcFSjI
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello everyone,

I had the same issues and did the following to resolve it:

1) Press and hold the camara power button for 10 seconds

2) The blue "bluetooth" light comes on, then goes off

3) Press the power button again and now it will charge normally

I think it's similar to resetting your laptop or iPhone device, just press the power button for 10 seconds. Give it a try and good luck.

0 Likes
JulianB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

tl:dr - don't give up. Try it again. Good luck.

Here to say I experienced the same thing as everyone else pretty much. Brand new dead Gear360 out of the box. Plugged it into anything and everything including a portable power bank. No luck. I started the return process with the supplier. That was a week ago [support was very very slow]. Today I went to box it up to return it and thought 'what the hell I'll try charging it again', aaaaaaaand wtf, the light goes on and it starts charging! And this was with the supplied 3rd party AC/USB adapter.

w00t. Camera works. It's pretty  cool.

-j

0 Likes
gHiDoRa
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

received DOA unit from Samsung Note 8 promotion, used a trick connect it to USB port on my PC and it resurrent again.

0 Likes
user2YIwHPvHms
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new gear 360 2017 is not getting charged.  Very very very  bad experience 

0 Likes
useruUZCI8BFkr
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried PC usb port, different type of charger, powerbank and all didn't work. When I connect it to my S8 (Type C to Type C) the red charging light is up. I'm going to leave it for a while before transfering to a wall charger. Thanks for sharing the tips here.

0 Likes
Kah78
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My one also same thing. It came like 2 month ago and I never turned it on. Today I tried to turn on but it doesn't. I tried with 3 different working charger to charge to camera but it is not chargind and not turning on.

0 Likes