JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 08-03-2017 09:51 AM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
161 Replies
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I did finally contact Samsung support. Their only suggestion was to try a different charger (which I did, even though I knew the charger was good), so I returned the 360. Its replacement should be arriving soon. Hopefully the last one was just a lemon.

0 Likes
userzJe08pFdCB
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How did you get a a return label to return the defective unit?

0 Likes
useryeMvysV2k4
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have not got the return label yet its suppose to come via email.....

0 Likes
usersJqunbvV3l
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi dear !

I have the same prblm with the new Samsung gear 360….The solution it so easy, just use a power bank to charging the Gear & it going to back in life…

Good luck bud Smiley Happy

userXDhColqWZ2
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Here is what worked for us.

1. Plug the camera into a compter USB port with the supplied USB-C cable

2. Wait for the charging indicator light to illuminate above the power button.

3. Disconnect the camera charging cable from the computer's USB port.

4. Plug the camera's charging cable into a wall charger of your coice.

This has worked for every camera we have come accross, including the 2 we recieved for my kids's phones.

Hope this helps.

-dphillipsjr76

userWP2OMmZoWy
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
This also worked for me... Dead out of the box, no charge light or response.... Plugged it in to the computer and it came to life... Also worked on charger after having it connected to the computer. Thanks!
user2BNirJH4ed
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same problem for me. I got mine in today and was excited to use it. I followed the instructions and plugged it in . After a moment or so I heard a pop. ... After that, even when unplugged, the camera just gets hotter and hotter. It will not turn on. I am actually a little concerned about how hot it is getting so I put it in a plastic bag and put it in the refrigerator to cool down. This brings back memories of exploding phones from last year. I would prefer not to have my camera explode . Considering the numbers of reports I am saying, I can only surmise that this is a bad batch of battery or something similar.

0 Likes
Moneyman73
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

After you plugged your Gear 360 in the computer, how long did it take for the charging light to turn on?

0 Likes
Moneyman73
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I finally found a way to make this camera turn on.  I created a two minute video of my solution:. https://youtu.be/N4JATcOGAjU

@Moneyman73 wrote:

After you plugged your Gear 360 in the computer, how long did it take for the charging light to turn on?

0 Likes
user2ep6SarpTN
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Tried your suggestion but nothing lights up. So sad.
0 Likes