JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 Viewfinder

(Topic created: 06-27-2017 03:33 PM)
userqksvDJYRNw
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Viewfinder won't load most of the time.  Eventually times out and says to check connections.  Phone is a Samsung s7.

7 Replies
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello there, @userqksvDJYRNw
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userqksvDJYRNw
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for the suggestions but no luck so far.  For a while I thought re-installing the gear 360 manager app each time I wanted to use it would work but that's proved to not be the case.  Really, really frustrating and it's ruining my experience with what otherwise is a great product - wish Samsung would spend some time coming up with an update to correct the problem since it seems many people are having the exact same problem as me.  

Any other ideas, please let me know. 

0 Likes
userBcyQYzDKZO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I too have a loading problem. I can pair/connect my Samsung 360 2016 camera to my S7 Edge no problem but soon as I click to load any pictures or videos on my phone then I just get the spinning circle with LOADING next to it. I have cleared my cache I have updated everything including the firmware on the camera but still nothing at all.

I am getting sick of this now and I am loosing all faith in Samsung

0 Likes
userqksvDJYRNw
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Sorry to hear you have the same problem.  Looks like a lot of people do.  

What I don't understand is that, if this is such a problem - why doesn't Samsung fix it!!!!  It is killing my enthusiasm for the gear 360.

If anyone from Samsung monitors this forum, please take note!!

Last word from Samsung phone help was I have to send it in for "repair".

As for now, still no resolution to my (or your) problem.

0 Likes
Solution
userqksvDJYRNw
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

So I started this thread and now need to update it.  After spending long hours searching support, talking to Samsung, and thinking about this problem here is how I believe I have solved it.  The single fact that kept sticking in my mind was I was nearly always able to load the viewfinder using the wireless set up in my office.  The only place I kept having trouble was my home.  So first, I replaced an old router with a new Netgear AC1750 - no go.  Then I replaced an old modem with an Arris Surfboard SB6183 - no go.  Then I went to network settings and found that "sharing" was not checked.  I checked it - GO!  If this helps someone - great!.

0 Likes
userzCpQZvU7sH
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Me too ! the same problem so I called the samsung service then they fixed for me twice when I got it back and tried it once . It was ok just one time and after few days I tried to use but the problem came back again, so I have no idea !

0 Likes
userVxX8IhNnYX
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This and other issues are typical of the Gear 360 apps (both versions). Read the reviews and you'll find many other uses with the exact same issues. 

0 Likes