cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAemPZnujGH
Asteroid

Livestream to a Facebook page and to Twitter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello - Just got my Gear 360 2017. I am exploring the livestreaming options. Is it possible to stream to a Facebook page? I only seem to get the option to stream my timeline unless I am missing something. This would seem to be critical functionality. I want to use this for my business. Also, on the social network settings, I see Facebook and Twitter and I have enabled Twitter and linked the account. However, I do not see where I can select Twitter as a place for the stream. I only see YouTube, Facebook, and Gear VR.

Of course, I am talking about using the app on my S8+. Can someone please advise? Perhaps, these are functions coming to the app in the near future?

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userAemPZnujGH
Asteroid

Re: Livestream to a Facebook page and to Twitter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - Thanks very much for sharing this! I am thinking this functionality is relatively new. I had looked through these settings when I originally got the camera in the spring and didn't see it. Moreover, Samsung, directly, responded to me and said it wasn't possible to stream to pages at the time.

However, I appreciate you sorting this out and letting me know!

Cheers,

Bryan

6 REPLIES 6
userl5jcg7EEJz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed - you need to stream to a page. Its essential!
Hoping for a solution or workaround ASAP.

userAemPZnujGH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. In searching around on the topic, including on the Gear 360 Reddit group, I didn't see too much chatter about this (maybe I am missing it). Surprising.

Maybe, as the device is out longer it will increase. As you said, it's "essential!"

Cheers!

userl5jcg7EEJz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im really hoping for a solution for this as soon as possible.

It should be a relatively easy fix, but makes the unit unusable in its current state. 

userOPzF7kAN8E
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I was forced to discover the way to do it myself. It's not obvious but it's possible to set it up. Just log in into your personal Facebook account using Samsung Gear 360 (2017) app and select Live streaming from the main menu.  Select Facebook and login into your Facebook account. From the Settings menu (upper right gear icon) select Privacy settings and you should see three tabs at the top. Timeline / Groups / Pages. If you don't want to broadcast using private account just select the third tab (Pages) and you should see the pages you are managing as an Administrator and from the list select the one you want (your business page) and voila... When you start your streaming it will start as your Business page is streaming. That should be it.

userAemPZnujGH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - Thanks very much for sharing this! I am thinking this functionality is relatively new. I had looked through these settings when I originally got the camera in the spring and didn't see it. Moreover, Samsung, directly, responded to me and said it wasn't possible to stream to pages at the time.

However, I appreciate you sorting this out and letting me know!

Cheers,

Bryan

user289EQSKieq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's dissapoidisa that as of 7/24/2018, this functionality isn't enabled. I'm trying to stream as a business, not a random employee of that business