JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5 minute announcements during exercise

(Topic created: 10-11-2019 08:36 AM)
Kitulu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

When I am exercising, and playing music on my bluetooth earbuds from the Gear S3, every five minutes the health app turns the music volume down and recites my heart rate, calories burned, etc, etc. How can I turn that off? I don't want or need to hear my stats every five minutes since I review them after my workout is complete.

13 Replies
Solution
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I won't be able to 100% confirm where to find this tonight since the guy I usually bug to let me try out his S3 is already gone. However, have you opened up your Gear Manager app on your phone and taken a peek around the settings options in there. Anything around Notifications or S Health options? That might be a good place to start...unless someone knows the direct answer, then by all means.

Actually...I'm going to try and summon @TonyGl since I know they're a S3/workout machine when it comes to the S3. Do you by chance use headphones with you S3, and know how to disable this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
Kitulu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

That worked! You have to press "more" in the top right corner, AFTER you select one of the exercises (running, elliptical trainer, whatever you have as an item), then select "audio guide", and change those setting. 

SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yay! Happy you were able to find it easily.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
TonyGl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yep, settings is where it's at lol.  Smiley LOL

0 Likes
usert6jUKZNd2Z
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you!!!!!

0 Likes
Ryanbuc007
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello SamsungMarcos.  From the Sangsung wearable app, I open the Samsung Health app, and  change the audio alerts Samsung Health app on my phone, but no matter what I set it to, I receive notifications every mile from my Fromtier S3 watch.  Have you encountered this issue and if so, do you know how to get the watch to provide a different audio alert frequency?

0 Likes
userlNJRXYwCh1
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

THE REAL SOLUTION for S-Health and the Galaxy Watches.

Intro: The audio guide or "interval announcements" is turned on and off by execrise. There is not global option to do this. Try the following:

1. Using your phone, open the S-Health app ( I put mine on my home screen)

2. On the S-Health screen see where the "exercises" are listed (horizontally on my phone).  

(NOTE if you dont see the list of exercises and  then scroll down a bit)

3. Select the exercize of interest, for example,  "running".

4.  For the selected running a new screen appears and tap the 3 vertical dots on the upper right corner of the screen dispaly

5. A drop down menu appears with three choices: Auido guide (slect that for options on interval and interval type. If selected the top slider selects whether you get an announcement at a specified interval, or you can turn off the anmnouncement.

NOTE: Do the above for each exercize you want an audio guide either on or off or want to chamge the interval.  AND 

@SamsungMarcos wrote:

I won't be able to 100% confirm where to find this tonight since the guy I usually bug to let me try out his S3 is already gone. However, have you opened up your Gear Manager app on your phone and taken a peek around the settings options in there. Anything around Notifications or S Health options? That might be a good place to start...unless someone knows the direct answer, then by all means.

Actually...I'm going to try and summon @TonyGl since I know they're a S3/workout machine when it comes to the S3. Do you by chance use headphones with you S3, and know how to disable this?

Your selections are synchronized with your watch.

uservKoJ2LEJNp
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

When you open up whatever workout you wan i.e. other workout out, before pressing start, scroll down to "guide frequency" and you will see it set for 5 min. Select that then hit none. This is for gear s3 frontier

uservKoJ2LEJNp
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same for any workout,  cycling you can turn off mile marker

0 Likes