JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Altimeter - Network unavailable - Gear S3

(Topic created: 02-19-2019 07:38 AM)
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I noticed that the last time my Altimeter was calibrated was 10/22/2018. When I click to have it calibrate, it says "Network Unavailable."

The Bluetooth Gear S3 is connected to my Note 8 via Bluetooth and the Note 8 is connected to Wifi and cellular network. 

Watch details: SM-R760, Tizen 4.0.0.2, SW version R760XXU2DSA1

Phone details: Android 8.0.0, Galaxy Wearable 2.2.23.19021251, Gear S Plugin 2.2.03.1901761

What is the solution to this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@LongHiker I will take a look into that broken link. Here are the steps you are to follow.

1. Navigate to Settings.

From the paired phone's Home screen, swipe up for the Apps Screen and touch Settings. You can also pull the notification bar down and touch the Settings icon.

2. Navigate to the Galaxy Wearable app's storage.

Touch Apps and then swipe to and touch Galaxy Wearable, and then touch Storage.

3. Clear the cache and data.

Touch CLEAR CACHE, and then touch CLEAR DATA > DELETE. All of the Galaxy Wearable app's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases etc.

View solution in context

27 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

If you unpair and repair the watch, does this continue?

userun7xfZSCz9
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine is also doing this. I've reset the watch and it is still the same. 

user2FiEv5dKRc
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine has the same problem after updating Tizen 4.0.0.2. I tried everything but still doesn't work.

Luboš
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am just solving the same problem after update to 4.0.0.2 together with the issue that SOME of the incoming calls do not vibrate on the watch.

userv6KcJIMN6U
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine is exactly the same after updating to Tizen 4. This also seems to affect it's floor counting capabilities which have gone.

LongHiker
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Sorry for the late response. Never received an email that you posted.

Unpair and repairing does not solve the issue. Still "Network unavailable."

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Is the watch connected to a network?

LongHiker
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The watch is the bluetooth model. It is connected via Bluetooth to my phone. It is set to fall back to my Wifi network.

I just tried two things:

(1) Set Wifi to off, bluetooth on. Tried altitude check and it came back as the same "Network Unavailable".

(2) Set Wifi to on, bluetooth off. Tried altitude check. It asked me if I wanted to enable location, said sure. It spun for awhile. No error but no update. Still says last update 10/22/2018.

I renabled bluetooth so both wifi and bluetooth were on. Got same error again. 

userXIWVAre4uh
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
We aren't the only ones. I just got one and have the same issue https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/gear-s3/set-altitude-network-unavailable-t3895946 Fix your stuff Samsung