JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Altimeter - Network unavailable - Gear S3

(Topic created: 03-07-2019 05:42 PM)
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I noticed that the last time my Altimeter was calibrated was 10/22/2018. When I click to have it calibrate, it says "Network Unavailable."

The Bluetooth Gear S3 is connected to my Note 8 via Bluetooth and the Note 8 is connected to Wifi and cellular network. 

Watch details: SM-R760, Tizen 4.0.0.2, SW version R760XXU2DSA1

Phone details: Android 8.0.0, Galaxy Wearable 2.2.23.19021251, Gear S Plugin 2.2.03.1901761

What is the solution to this?

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userXIWVAre4uh Have you tried clearing the cache on the watch?

LongHiker
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How exactly do you clear the cache on the watch?

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@LongHiker You can clear the cache on the watch by following these steps here.

LongHiker
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Your link takes me here -> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#contact_us_for_support which has no information on clearing the cache. 

Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@LongHiker I will take a look into that broken link. Here are the steps you are to follow.

1. Navigate to Settings.

From the paired phone's Home screen, swipe up for the Apps Screen and touch Settings. You can also pull the notification bar down and touch the Settings icon.

2. Navigate to the Galaxy Wearable app's storage.

Touch Apps and then swipe to and touch Galaxy Wearable, and then touch Storage.

3. Clear the cache and data.

Touch CLEAR CACHE, and then touch CLEAR DATA > DELETE. All of the Galaxy Wearable app's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases etc.

LongHiker
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

That worked. Now I am able to sync the altimeter. 

Thanks! 

LongHiker
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Well that turned out to be a temporary solution. Now I am back at "Network unavailable" and trying the process again didn't solve it. 

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Please send a PM with the full model code and serial number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usermukmocSkW1
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi SamsungQue,

The solution you provided doesn't work. I tried to reset the cache, reset the data, repair my Gear S3 Frontier with my Galaxy S9+. I have even reinstalled Galaxy Wearable app and restored to factory settings my Gear S3 watch.
Nothing helped.
I tried to automatically calibrate altimeter over Bluetooth and over Wi-Fi. No success.
I want to mention that when Ițve tried to auto-calibrate the altimeter I was outside, in the city, with maximum 4G signal strength, with unobstructed view of the sky. There were 25 GPS sattelites available and my phone used 16 to aquire the fix. I used GPS Essentials app to obtain this information.
The problem occured after installing Tizen 4.0.0.2. Another work colleague of mine who also has a Gear S3 Frontier has exactly the same problem.
The Samsung Support engineer I contacted through Samsung Members app recommended me to go with my Gear S3 watch to an authorized Samsung service center so that a technician can asses the problem. Frankly I don't see what a technician from the Samsung service center can do to fix it. Can you please be honest and tell me if there are any chances to have this problem fixed with a visit to an authorized Samsung service center? Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I bought the S3 Frontier watch 2 days ago and I have the same issue. A few factory resets, clearing the cache and reinstalling of the Galaxy Wearable app has not changed the Network Not Found message. I contacted Samsung Canada and I got the same message to take the watch to a local Samsung repair location. I believe the issue is software related from the last Tizen update 4.0.0.2. 

0 Likes