cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Best battery-friendly configuration for Gear S2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Santa Clause brought me a Gear S2 and I'm struggling to find a configuration that makes my battery last for at least a day. I have a dark watchface, switched off Wifi (does it make a difference if Wifi is set to Off instead of Auto when the watch is connected to the phone over Bluetooth the whole day?), removed all applications except S-Health. 

I don't want to switch off Bluetooth, that sort of kills the whole purpose of the watch. Does it make a difference if a watchface only shows time or shows stings like steps as well? 

What does it really mean when the watchface consumes the most battery? That my watchface is too complex? I use the default Modern Utility with Steps and Battery dials.

What else can I do to make the battery last longer?

Ah, and in the unlikely event that Samsung is reading this, my device  is a SM-R732, Tizen 2.3.2.1, Software version R732XXU2EPK5.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Gear S2 Sleep Tracking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There certainly have been more reports of this since the most recent update, and I know that it being looked into so that it can be corrected in a future update. We only suggest that you turn off some of those features when not in use, so that they don't use battery in the background. Just like with Smart Phones, there are some features that constantly use battery life even if they are just passively running. These steps mentioned are largely just to help out temporarily while a new update is prepared to fix things up more.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userwZclFROMuk. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Your Gear provides various options that help you conserve battery power.

• When you are not using the Gear, switch to sleep mode by covering the screen with your palm.
  • Activate power saving mode.
  • Close unnecessary apps.
  • Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
  • Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.
  • Decrease the screen brightness.
  • Deactivate the watch always on feature.
  • Deactivate the voice wake-up feature in S Voice™.
  • Customize the notification settings in the Samsung Gear app on the connected mobile device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, i know. If i switch te watch off completely i have the longest battery life, but to what purpose? I don't know how battery life is supposed to be, i just got the device, but from what i learn from this forum it's gone worse after the latest update which got pushed to my watch the moment i turned it on? Can you confirm that?

What's the purpose of all those nice features when, if you use them, your battery doesn't last through the day?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There certainly have been more reports of this since the most recent update, and I know that it being looked into so that it can be corrected in a future update. We only suggest that you turn off some of those features when not in use, so that they don't use battery in the background. Just like with Smart Phones, there are some features that constantly use battery life even if they are just passively running. These steps mentioned are largely just to help out temporarily while a new update is prepared to fix things up more.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Glad that Samsung now acknowledges that there is a battery problem after the latest update. Let's hope there will be a corrective update soon.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had mine on charge all of last night. Was 100% when I put it on at 6am. By 7:30am it was dead. 0%. This watch is absolutely USELESS with any phone that has bixby. Im ready to just throw mine away.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My watch just started doing this as well.  I have had it for two years and it just started this crap.  Used it with a S6, two Note 7's, a S6E and now a Note 8.  No problems until last week.  I even factory reset it.  Worked for about a week and this morning went from 90% to 4% in just over an hour.  What gives Samsung?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Crap. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When available new update..for gear s2 classic

It is tooo unfit for daily usage due to battery drain after updation

It was purchased only 4 days ago