cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Bixby not updating in Active2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI, unfortunately, it did not work for me ;(, there was te update for me a few days ago and after that Bixby will not even launch ;(

Any Ideas what to do pleeease?

Thank you

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had never used Bixby in the past but the constant nag screen on the phone to update Bixby caused me to figure out how to do it. 

For weeks, whenever the nag message popped up, I taped "Install" but nothing ever happened. I then did the following

First I rebooted the watch. I then went to the Wear app on my phone and then to the "Manage Apps" section. The Bixby app had a dot showing that an update was available. I performed the update on the phone. When the update was complete, I was instructed to go the watch and update there as well. To my great surprise, it worked.

I don't know if I will begin to use Bixby on my watch. I certainly don't find it very useful on the phone but who knows. 

Now, if I could just get the altimeter to work. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked thankthank you! First day with the watch, I didn't know how to reboot. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was updated today but after several installings and this update was late

04076C10-6C85-456A-A007-02E4982435A1.jpeg

2D96E8A3-3F3F-41E9-9664-33D7658B77FD.jpeg

2F4BA915-8C77-4AE8-A9BD-47C442F227D6.jpeg

0694651B-97AE-49A9-A3B0-A3B7BBC219B8.jpeg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is how I finally go mine to update.

1. Make sure the watch is connected with Bluetooth to the phone.  Otherwise, the updater will nag you about needed the Bixby app on your phone.

2.  Then it gave me an error about not being connected on the network, so I set WiFi to "Always on" on the watch, along with Bluetooth set to "Always on".

3.  It still wouldn't update.  I did the trick of rebooting the watch by holding th power button for 7 seconds until it rebooted.

4.  Then I started the update again, and it went through.

Don't forget to turn WiFi off when done, or you'll run the watch battery down.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Forget the watch and go to 'Samsung Wearable' app on your smart phone and update from there.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Heres how I fix this issue 2 days after I got my active 2: Open wearable app then

force stop bixby. Close all open apps in the watch and update went through.