JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't buy from Samsung Gear App Store

(Topic created: 07-26-2018 06:50 AM)
SSBTech
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

When trying to buy an app or watchface through the Samsung Gear app, the following message is displayed after tapping "Buy" with my credit card selected:

Failed to complete the purchase. Your payment has been canceled or the verification has failed.

(error: FAIL_GET_DOWNLOAD_URL/5100)

I'm signed it, it accepted my password.  Not sure where to go from here. 

Gear S3 Frontier (Non LTE) + Moto G4 Play

0 Likes
userk5lNZw3GCz
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Even reset the watch, uninstalled all the apps, re installed everything, and still fails with can't get download url/2000.

Anyone? 

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just to confirm, have you made sure you are logged into your Samsung account?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userk5lNZw3GCz
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am, I've re logged, I've even uninstalled the app (which seems to reset the watch) so I had to wait over an hour for it to get all it's updates again. Logged into the app fresh. 

Still persists. I did the live chat thing with an agent this morning, sent a screenshot, I guess it's being escalated.

0 Likes
userbpBcJWW9mZ
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same here! May be there entire payment system. I can't even add credit card to Samsung pay right now either. Outtage possibly?

0 Likes
userpDYZ6CIyW5
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Same here. Very disappointed.
0 Likes
Artreyman
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This may solve the issue that you may be having. I accidently reset my watch and once it rebooted I couldnt get the phone to download anything from the wearable store. I tried everything.

This was the solution:

1. Go to the Settings of your phone and find apps.

2. Find Galaxy Apps>Storage> then clear Cache > then clear data.

Find Galaxy Wearable>Storage> then clear Cache > then clear data.

Find Gear S Plugin>Storage> then clear Cache > then clear data.

3. Reset the watch and re-Pair the watch to the phone and it will download the updates and you can get your old watch faces if you had any purchased. Do them slowly so the watch can keep up with the downloads.

User Artreyman

0 Likes
userGknCpbSDmL
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same error here, credit card accepted and valided, but  "(error: FAIL_GET_DOWNLOAD_URL/5100)" when trying to buy anything on the store.

Any resolution ? 

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userGknCpbSDmL: Have you tried clearing the cache and the data of the Samsung Gear app? 

0 Likes
userGknCpbSDmL
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes, wiped cache and data from all apps installed for the watch and still the same error

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userGknCpbSDmL: Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the applications and resetting the Gear itself? 

0 Likes