JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Changing Weather from Celius to Farenheit

(Topic created: 10-12-2020 05:54 PM)
userv1zLJL1DO6
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and a Nexus 6P phone.  I can't seem to see how to change the weather data from Celius to Farenheit.  Can someone please let me know how to do this?  Thanks!

51 Replies
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey @userv1zLJL1DO6

I know this is an odd question, but is your Nexus 6P phone set to something other than English-US?  If it's set the the UK English it will still be in English but the device will be set to Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. Simply changing it over to US English should change it over to Fahrenheit for you on both the phone and Gear S3.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userv1zLJL1DO6
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the phone is set to US English.

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Can you try these steps on your Gear S3 specifically and let us know if it changes you over to Fahrenheit.  ðŸ™‚

1. On your primary Home screen, tap Accu weather widget.
  2. Tap the Menu key then select Settings.
  3. Tap General.
  4. Tap Unit.
  5. Depending on your current settings, tap Unit to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa. When the dot indicator next the option shows green means the option is selected.
  6. Tap Home button to return to the standby mode.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userv1zLJL1DO6
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for the reply, but there is no menu key when opening AccuWeather.  Also, you cannot tap a widget from the home screen.  Maybe I don't understand your instructions.

I have the widget showing when scrolling with the bezel.  By default, the widget view shows a summary of the weather.  When you tap on this screen, it opens the primary AccuWeather app.  By 'Menu Key', I assume you mean the three dots that show on certain screens.  This is not an option on either the summary weather widget view, or the primary AccuWeather app screens.

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

When you tap on the widget and the app opens and you tap on the three dots for the menu, do you see Settings? Can you follow those directions from there?

0 Likes
userv1zLJL1DO6
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Good day,

When I tap on the weather widget and the Accuweather app opens, there are no menu dots.  I have scrolled from top to bottom; honestly there is no menu option.  That was the first thing I looked for when I encountered the issue.  I am familiar with the menu dots that appear on some apps, but the Accuweather app does not have that on my watch, honest!

0 Likes
userDjA3lOxIcm
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

The only way you can change the C-F is to go to APPS on your phone.  Then scroll down to weather.  Next, to the Weather app you will see a gear for settings * touch the gear and make the change under unit.

Simple and easy.

Sorry for the guy with the three dots.  He is a moron or just putting up false info.

(edited) 

userSy4Omu2dqQ
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Worked perfectly, thanks 👌

0 Likes
user7ejWoZnEUw
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I know how to do it that way but I am running my watch in standalone mode. Drains less phone battery that way. Is there any way to do it in standalone mode? This is ridiculously complicated when a US device should already be set for Farenheit.

0 Likes