JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Changing Weather from Celius to Farenheit

(Topic created: 09-13-2018 09:32 AM)
userv1zLJL1DO6
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am using a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier and a Nexus 6P phone.  I can't seem to see how to change the weather data from Celius to Farenheit.  Can someone please let me know how to do this?  Thanks!

usery5Id1YERxc
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

THANK YOU!!!!! This was driving me nuts! What an easy fix 🙂 Again, thank you!!

0 Likes
Greywolfe
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This helped me

0 Likes
pfg23
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a Samsung Gear Sport and I am running into the same problem. The weather app displays celsius and I would like fahrenheit. I’m in Chicago. I recall setting this when I first configured the watch, but I’m actually not sure now. Anyway, there doesn’t seem to be a way to change the temperature unit display either on the watch or the phone app. The instructions for the S3 watch don’t apply to the Sport. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
User89898989
Comet
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@pfg23 What weather app are you using? 

0 Likes
pfg23
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I’m using the Samsung weather app, which comes with the watch. It uses the Weather Channel for its data.

0 Likes
User89898989
Comet
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userPghVOrPuBk Thank you for that information. Have you tried these steps that were suggested in the thread? 

From the phone go to Gear Manager App>Settings>Apps>Next to Weather there will be a Settings icon(gear)>Unit. That 'Unit' can be changed from C to F.

pfg23
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I didn’t see those specific steps, but they worked! Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

You are most welcome.

0 Likes
userhIddVkBvMv
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same problem on a Galaxy Watch, but don't find a Gear Manager App - or any other place that lets me change the units in the weather app.  The rest of the watch is in Fahrenheit, however.

Can you help me?

John

0 Likes
userhIddVkBvMv
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I figured it out -- the name change threw me off.  But the above solution is basically correct.

Problem solved.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes