cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Charging always stops at 94%, blinking red

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all, for about a week now, my Gear S3 stops charging at 94% (always that number) and the charger displays a blinking red light. I remove the watch then replace it and then in a few minutes it continues to charge fully (with a green light displayed). I've tried unplugging the charger and reconnecting it, and disconnecting and reconnecting the watch from the phone. 

Any ideas or suggestions for how to make it just reach a full chrge without having to re-place the watch on the charger each time? Is this a glitch from the latest watch update?

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Charging always stops at 94%, blinking red

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried depleting my watch battery to about 2% (or to whatever level at which it just shuts down completely). I then charged it up and it worked fine, i.e. to a full 100% and displaying a green light. I've tried draining the battery again for a second consecutive time today and am just waiting to see if it works well again.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Valley_Michael Have you tried resetting your watch?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, SamsungQue, and thanks for responding. I first tried using a different electrical socket, as recommended by the chat support tech, Mickey. Much as I expected, this didn't make a difference. Then, as you recommended, I reset the watch to the factory settings and restored all my watchfaces and settings. It still only charges to 94% and then starts blinking. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have any power saving modes turned on in the settings of the watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Adam, I didn't have any power saving modes enabled but thank you for your suggestion and for your help!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried depleting my watch battery to about 2% (or to whatever level at which it just shuts down completely). I then charged it up and it worked fine, i.e. to a full 100% and displaying a green light. I've tried draining the battery again for a second consecutive time today and am just waiting to see if it works well again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the update. Please keep me posted if you need any further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried depleting the battery completely for a second day and it charged correctly again. Thank you all for your help and suggestions!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're most welcome. We are always here if you need us in the future.