JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Connecting to Galaxy Buds causes System UI to stop.

(Topic created: 09-17-2019 09:12 AM)
userbek9UhEkaN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

When I turn on my S7's bluetooth to connect to Galaxy Buds through Galaxy Wearable, I immediately get the message: "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." Upon pressing 'OK' the screen will flicker and then go black.

Restarting and clearing System UI memory does not work. Putting the buds back into their case and closing it or turning off bluetooth resolves the issue completely.

I do see others having the same problems and posting on this forum, but no one has a solution yet. These buds were expensive, and I would like to use them, please Smiley Sad.

(Taken from my post in Galaxy Phones, because I didn't know there was a specific Gear section)

5 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Have you force stopped and cleared the cache of the Bluetooth app? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userbek9UhEkaN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Rei, thanks for the reply, but I've done everything short of factory resetting my phone and nothing worked. I actually ended up deleting some of my user settings, and it was annoying getting them back to the way they were lol.

Dave's solution worked for me -- just had to go to a Bestbuy with Samsung Experience to manually push a software update to my phone.

0 Likes
usermZAz4Ozl74
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

How much did best buy charge you?

0 Likes
Solution
usercy9RbgAqrE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey,

I just bought buds last night for my Samsung S7 Active and experienced the same issue. I opened lid, and I get a System UI stoppwed working, I press OK and the screen flashes black and back until I close the lid.

I was able to solve my issue by upgrading my OS from Android 6 (Marshmellow)  to Android 7 (Nougat?).  I believe the issue is the samsung buds open a overlay on your screen when you open the lid, and that overlay appears to not be supported by the Marshmellow System UI. Since Android 7 has a whole new display and layout, I assume they upgraded the System UI in that release which is compatabile with the buds overlay. This is a complete guess here since I am a computer tech, not a cell phone tech.

Hope this works for you!

Dave F

userbek9UhEkaN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thanks Dave! This worked for me. I was meaning to reply two weeks ago, but I kept on procrastinating haha.

In my case, my Sumsung S7 was made for AT&T, but I switched over to T-Mobile. Unfortunately, this made it so software updates from AT&T were never pushed to my phone. Like you, I had Android 6.0. I went online and saw that AT&T stores were nortorious for not helping you update your firmware if you were no longer their customer, so my options were T-Mobile stores, Best Buys, or repair shops. T-Mobile stores had mixed reviews, as staff were frequently just there for sales and did not have much technical know-how and because the phone was AT&T by default added another layer of difficulty. Repair shops worked, but there usually was a fee involved. Best Buys with Samsung Experience did it for free!

So I went to Best Buy, but the one nearest to me unfortunately did not have a computer that they could use to update the software.  The nice lady did redirect me to three Best Buys that did though. I went to one of them the next day, and the Samsung Experience expert there very kindly updated my phone. It took around an hour to do, and now my Galaxy Buds work!

Thank you Dave for the solution! It's all thanks to you that I can enjoy listening to my music on my commute. I hope that those with the same problem can find this thread for an easy fix.

0 Likes