JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contacts not syncing

(Topic created: 03-06-2019 04:35 AM)
Ops
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I had to update my phone to Android pie, and my watch to tizen 4 but my contacts never came over to the watch like they did before. so if i get a call or text my watch has no idea who it is.

how do I resync my contacts to allow me to see who calls or text on my watch?

Versus
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same issue, I have Galaxy S9 with Android Pie and I have three Samsung watches connected, Gear S2 Classic which work fine in staying sync with contacts, and I have both Gear S3, Classic & Frontier, after I updated both to Tizen 4, they loose ability to sync with Contacts, I can see last call, but I can't see list contacts from my phone.

Based on your Samsung recomandation from this thread, I reinstalled today Galaxy Wearable and affiliate plugins, and I reconnect firts Gear S3 Tizen after I reset it, it ask for permissions, I grant it and voila, the watch sync with phone contacts, after that I reconnect my Gear S3 Classic, not ask for permissions anymore, and this time refused to sync with phone contacts, even more worse, Frontier loose the synced contacts too ! Step three, I reconnect my old Gear S2 Classic which is Tizen 2, and everything work flawless, including contacts sync, calls and messages. Obviosly, Tizen 4 + Galaxy Wearable app + Pie 9.0 it's a fail combination, something need to be fix here, something it's fishy

I spend 4 hours today and I did for nothing, so Samsung, please, provide for a fix, and do that soon !

HankC
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

works for me but im on a samsung galaxy s7 edge (android 8.0.0). I think its the tizen update for the gear s3 that causes the problems. The tizen update isn't doing good at all.

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisOQ1983
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just found a fix. Go into your contacts on your phone and edit any contacts that are not displaying their name on the watch. Simply press the spacebar after their name and save. The contact will be forced to rsync and the problem is solved.

userReNHZ6HUCW
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

this didn't fix mine. Man Sad

@ChrisOQ1983 wrote:

Just found a fix. Go into your contacts on your phone and edit any contacts that are not displaying their name on the watch. Simply press the spacebar after their name and save. The contact will be forced to rsync and the problem is solved.

mukhil4all
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks, This worked well. 100%

@ChrisOQ1983 wrote:

0 Likes
Members_Nykl71N
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Editing the contact worked. Thank you!

0 Likes
tamanaco
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have to agree... The issue is related to Tizen 4 and the Wearable App running on Pie. Samsung has to identify and fix this issue soon. Very annoying.

tamanaco
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I fixed my contacts sync issues by clearing the data from the Gear S Plugin. Backup all your S3 data before you do this as after clearing the data from the Gear S Plugin... one of the steps to complete the process requires resetting the S3 in order to re-sync everything. 

skorpio1313
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Clearing Gear S Plugin worked perfectly! Thank you 

0 Likes
userBH1FrQgZDr
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for the solution...!!!

0 Likes