cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SMD79
Cosmic Ray

Dear Samsung - Left-Handed Gear S3 User Issues! (Right-Wrist Wearers)

Dear Samsung Developers - please read this.

Sometimes with updates, there's hidden fixes and features that don't get the headlines or even a mention in the changelog so I'm hoping maybe someone knows of a solution to my TWO right-wrist-wearing issues...

1) If there's one thing I wish Samsung copied from Apple Watch it's the setting where you can specify if you're left handed or right handed so you can flip the watch and have the buttons closer to your hand no matter which wrist you wear it on. I've looked and haven't seen this option in the Gear S3 settings so I'll just hold out hope that Samsung copies Apple this time.

2) The second thing right-wrist wearing people might suffer from that you wouldn't think is annoying but it is...is the fact that if you cross your arms and your watch is on your right wrist, it usually ends up being UNDER your left forearm. What happens is the forearm presses the watchface and suddenly you're on the mode of changing watch faces. Any movement of your arms and your watch face is changed. Such a small thing, right? But so annoying.

The solution would be easy too! I wish there was an option/setting to kill the long press thing. Is there? I mean I've found my go-to watch face. I don't wanna change it. And if I decide one day I do, well then I could go into settings and change this back and unlock that long press on the watch face thing again. Or just change it in the Gear Manager. I like the long press feature, but it'd be nice to have the OPTION to disable it. I guess no one at Samsung is left handed...they must not be creative.

24 REPLIES 24
SMD79
Cosmic Ray

Re: Dear Samsung - Left-Handed Gear S3 User Issues! (Right-Wrist Wearers)

Was told some of the options catered towards Right-Wrist wearers were included on the Gear Fit. Still wish Samsung had the ability to both flip the screen so the buttons could face inwards as they do on left-wrist wearers, and also the ability to DISABLE the long press of the home screen to prevent accidental changes (again, crossing arms while wearing the watch on right wrist causes that).

Oh how I wish Samsung actually read their own forums...

SMD79
Cosmic Ray

Does any support at Samsung read these?

userV8Y7v6vcNB
Astronaut

Those are my exact complaints.  I tend to stand with my arms crossed and now it totally feels akward doing it. Every time there is an update,  I'm hoping they help us lefties out......nope.

user84qzKy4zXZ
Constellation

I can also confirm this is a problem for lefties although probably an issue for all users. It would be really useful to be able to lock the watchface rather than the long press being so easy to set accidentally. I loose track of how many times I have to cancel out of the settings after accidentally activiating the change watchface settings. surely it's as simple as removing the quick access (long press screen) and sticking it in the settings. 

JoSe Aloha
Astronaut

Come on Samsung. Surely this is not a complicated fix. Those of us who own an S2 or S3 already know the face image can rotate...it happens every time we charge. Now just get it to rotate a full 180 degrees (not just 90) so lefties can enjoy the watch just like righties. 

Oh, and the long press face-changing issue is a problem I thought I just had. I wear my watch on the right and I turn it to the inside of the wrist...facing my body instead of facing outward. I thought this was why I kept accidently long pressing the face. I'm not along! 

Mr. Samsung...get someone on this. The 10 percenters are counting on you. 

spikemixture
Constellation

Now here is something.

Occasionally when I take my S3 off the charger ( where the face is "horizontal" ) before it corrects itself to the default layout I have seen it "upside"down.

i.e. for a second it is 180 degrees just like left handers want. Then corrects itself.  So the function is there!!

Now some whiz needs to show how to get there 

userFuJjDrdeM6
Astronaut

Mine is 90 degrees off when I take it from the dock.

usercS6mdC2M8Q
Constellation

Sorry folks, but it is slightly refreshing to now know that there are others out there that are feeling my pain.  There are many other forums that others are complaining about the same thing. Guess we just can't cross our arms anymore.  Come on Samsung... Really? You guys are much better than this. Give an option for us to activate or deactivate long-press.  Love the product.  Listen to your supporters. 

userUaB1cSdS7R
Constellation

@usercS6mdC2M8Q wrote:

Sorry folks, but it is slightly refreshing to now know that there are others out there that are feeling my pain.  There are many other forums that others are complaining about the same thing. Guess we just can't cross our arms anymore.  Come on Samsung... Really? You guys are much better than this. Give an option for us to activate or deactivate long-press.  Love the product.  Listen to your supporters. 

I googled these exact same issues for exactly the same reasons, my right handed friends think I'm nuts so it is really refreshing to know there are others out there.