cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

ECG for Gear Fit 2 not compatible with Non-Samsung phones

It seems really awful to have this function that was promised a year ago (for gear fit 2) become active BUT ONLY IF YOU ALSO HAVE A SAMSUNG PHONE. Really? REALLY?!?! I bought this watch because it works with my Pixel phone. All other features work well. But this on? This one is only for people who also bought a Samsung phone? I'm selling my watch immediately. This is so, so shady of you, Samsung. I'll never buy any of your products, ever again. Shame on you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: ECG

Do not forget you also need an additional app to Samsung Health called Samsung Health Monitor so your information is not all in the same app to share with your doctor.

And diabeties support was also discontinued!

*Owner of every single Note. Upgraded this year to the Note 20+ 512 GB and the Samsung Watch3 LTE. Pre-ordered the WIFI Tab S7+ 512 GB
Highlighted
Asteroid

Agreed, there is no reason why this feature should not be released to those of us with non-Samsung devices when all Galaxy Watches were marketed as this function will be available once cleared by FDA (or other country governing bodies). It said nothing to the extent that this major selling feature would be limited to Samsung-only phones. 

This is false advertising at it's best and honestly, Samsung would be smart to release Samsung Health Monitor for all Android and iOS phones, or combine it into Samsung Health and include the ECG feature <edit>. You sold at least two watches now with the promise of ECG, and it's greedy to lock it down to sell more phones. Ridiculous. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Any news on this?

I'm really expecting to have Samsung addressing this issue asap.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I haven't seen any news. Like many others, I purchased the Active 2 expecting all functionality to be available on non-Samsung phones once they got FDA approval. Now I find out that you have to have a Samsung phone and it's too late for me to return the watch.