These buds are frustrating. I recieved mine with my s10 purchase. I have had trouble charging the left bud since I received it but now it won't charge/connect (see picture). I have done the following
1) made sure that when I put the left one in the case that the red light goes on indicating it is charging. The case is either charged or connected to a USB cable so I know the case has battery power. If I put the other bud in, it flashes red again indicating the second one is charging
2) Tried, multiple times to disconnect and re-pair the app to the buds. When I do this the right connects and is charged but not the left
3) tried carefully cleaning the contacts on both the buds and the case. No luck re-pairing
4) cleared the cache in the app and tried to re-pair
5) Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no luck with getting the bud to pair
6) Made sure that the app is up to date - running R170XXU0ASD4
It is always the left one that is a problem for me. I have been through all the troubleshooting threads and tried everything the suggest. No luck. Since I can't connect to it, I can't tell if the left one is actually charged and just not pairing or if it is just not charged so it can't pair.
I have to assume at this point it is a hardware problem and they need to be exchanged. I got them directly from Samsung. Please help!
Please send a private message with your full model code and serial number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky
I am having the exact same problem. The buds were working perfectly and ive been trying for days to find a solution. Ive tried everything stated above. Although today when i opened the app the left earbud flashed 7% for a second and then went back to being disconnected. Im told by the app that there is an update for the earbuds but i cant update it unless both of the buds are connected. I have the same software stated above. Please find a fix for this. The right bud is working fine. I am using the right earbud while the left one is in the case with the indicator on that it is charging but it still is disconnected
Try removing the rubber ear piece that goes around the ear bud and then put it directly into the charging case. It appears that if it isn't sitting perfectly flush, contact will not be made within the charging case. Give it a try and let me know.
No use. Although i left my buds on the charger the whole night (around 12 hours) the right bud connected but only gave 95% no matter how long i charge it. Another thing i noticed is that the buds connected and i can hear music theough my buds while the galaxy wearable app is giving me that they are both disconnected. Im starting to think it maybe a software problem from the galaxy wearable app and the software of the buds. The phone tells me there is an update but i cant update them unless i connect both buds
So I removed the rubber piece from both earbuds and put them in the case for about 7 seconds and when I opened it they were both connected. It actually worked for me thanks!