Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userc7LncjLRN1
Constellation

Finishing pairing stuck with G3 Frontier and Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since I receive an update my frontier cannot sync anymore, I´ll try everthing but every time I want to start it, the Galaxy Wearable stuck in "Finishing peiring..."

What can I do??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Finishing pairing stuck with G3 Frontier and Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you still experience the symptoms after that, you may want to visit a local walk-in ubreakifix to have a certified repair technician to evaluate the devices.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache and data on the Galaxy wearable app?

userNIVEg1dQei
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not OP but yes, I've cleared data and cache, I've unpaired my watch from my phone, basically restarted the whole process from scratch and I'm still unable to connect either of my watches (Gear Sport and Gear S3 Classic) to my phone. Issue started two days ago. Not sure if it was after an update or what.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the Galaxy wearable app up to date?

userNIVEg1dQei
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, app is up to date. I've cleared cache, cleared data and cache, unpaired the watches from phone, fully factory reset the watches. Every time, no matter what, I end up stuck back on the "finishing pairing" screen with both watches. They both stopped working at the same time a few days ago after both having worked for a year or more.

Phone is Galaxy S9+

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting your Bluetooth network as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userNIVEg1dQei
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure what exactly you mean by resetting Bluetooth network. I have unpaired the watches from my phone and then reconnected them as if they were brand new devices.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can locate the steps here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001605/#reset-the-phone-s-network-settings

userNIVEg1dQei
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I reset network settings and tried again, and I'm still stuck in the same place... Screenshot_20190615-160526_Gear S PlugIn.jpg

I restored my network settings because I had hundreds of saved WiFi passwords.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you still experience the symptoms after that, you may want to visit a local walk-in ubreakifix to have a certified repair technician to evaluate the devices.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations