cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MisterBL
Astronaut

Galaxy Bud Location Feature Request

Hey so I lost my Galaxy Buds. I'm hoping I find them, but it gave me an idea for a feature in the future.

I know you can make them make noise and that's great for finding them somewhere around your own place. But what if you lost them on the train, at a friends, a relatives, the movies, etc. You're basically out of luck until you magically get that "Buds Connected" message.

What if there was a feature that, whenever your phone disconnected from the Buds, drops a location pin at your current location. So let's say you left them at your friends in their couch. You can open the app, do Find my Buds, and it'll show the last location where they were connected to your phone. Assuming your phone's location services were turned on, you'll see "Ah! They're at Billy's house!" Then you go there, turn on the locator noises and find them and walk out of Billy's happy as a clam.

I would assume that this wouldn't be too difficult to build either and doesn't require any extra hardware in the Buds themselves. It would just be a feature of the Galaxy Wearables app that marks location upon a headset disconnect.

This would greatly help me narrow down where I lost my buds. I'm sure it would help many others too.

2 REPLIES 2
narutowindy
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Bud Location Feature Request

Nice

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Bud Location Feature Request

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.