Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOpBroIP7cn
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Buds - Audio cuts out when phone is in pocket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same issue!! The supposed "fix" doesn' work

@TarynClaire wrote:
I was having an issue with the Galaxy buds where the audio would cut out when I put my phone in my pocket while walking. I'm thinking maybe it was the new update. I've seen other people with this same issue. I just got the buds and when I connected them to my S10+, the app prompted me to download the update. I reset the buds (under "About earbuds" in Galaxy Wearables app) and they seem to be working now when my phone is in my pocket while walking.

@TarynClaire wrote:
I was having an issue with the Galaxy buds where the audio would cut out when I put my phone in my pocket while walking. I'm thinking maybe it was the new update. I've seen other people with this same issue. I just got the buds and when I connected them to my S10+, the app prompted me to download the update. I reset the buds (under "About earbuds" in Galaxy Wearables app) and they seem to be working now when my phone is in my pocket while walking.

userypB4Cboq6m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the latest S10+ software and the latest Galaxy Buds software.

Same issue - when in the pocket - the sounds breaks when I move my legs or turn my body. Indoors or outdoors and regardess which app is producing the sound.

geapgr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do we agree that the latest sW on smartphones and buds does NOT solve the problem? i guess it doesnt. i've tried this:

check Bluetooth app

se it's energy saving optimization to Off from on 

you get to this via device management > battery > upper right hmaburger icon > then select sysatem apps

mine was on and it was cutting off the audio very annoyingly

a senheisser BT headphone with the same settings had  NO problem

this is a deal breaker for me! we cant walk with the phone in the pocket!!!

ive dont some walking and it has improved drastically but not 100%

also , another culprit could be Spotify especially if the song that;s playing is at very high quality

@TarynClaire wrote:

userLtQEC0Gwkl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue. The connection is very choppy if I put my phone in my pants pocket and completely goes away if it is in my back pocket. Even my $30 china-brand earbuds are better in connectivity.

My phone is the S10+ updated to the latest software, so are the galaxy buds. My other earbuds (China) don't have this problem at all.

I will try the solution of resetting my earbuds and check it out.

geapgr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
check Bluetooth app se it's energy saving optimization to Off from on you get to this via device management > battery > upper right hmaburger icon > then select sysatem apps mine was on and it was cutting off the audio very annoyingly a senheisser BT headphone with the same settings had NO problem this is a deal breaker for me! we cant walk with the phone in the pocket!!! ive dont some walking and it has improved drastically but not 100% also , another culprit could be Spotify especially if the song that;s playing is at very high quality
user9eBH1NfvHX
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
 Galaxy Buds - Audio cuts out when phone is in pocket

I have the exact same issue. The connection is very choppy if I put my phone in my pants pocket and completely goes away if it is in my back pocket. Even my $30 china-brand earbuds are better in connectivity.

My phone is the S10+ updated to the latest software, so are the galaxy buds. My other earbuds (China) don't have this problem at all.

userlG2edzMvSt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  It happens more frequently outside over inside.  But becomes choppy, sometimes one ear or the other and often both.  I have tried shirt pockets, pants pockets, cargo side pockets.  all with the same result.

I have also checked and I do have the latest updates for my S10 and the buds.  I have un-paired and re-paird the buds, cleared bluetooth cache and per the a note in the Samsung members app I have checked for the Android Pie setting for battery app sleeping to ensure the music app was not set to sleep in the background.

My Samsung Level On over the ear headphones do not have this issue. 

What is the real fix?

userZZvz01OlpH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Phone at latest update as well as buds. I've tried several music sources made sure everything is charged. Skips awfully when walking and phone is in pocket. Glad I didnt pay for these. Can I return them and use the 130 coupon for something else? These are useless. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number, software version, service provider, what device you galaxy buds are connected with and the Android version on your device?

userZZvz01OlpH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy S10+ unlocked on tmobile

Android 9 latest update

Buds software ver. R170xxu0asd4