cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nopen1278
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Buds - Audio cuts out when phone is in pocket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried all of the solutions found here but none worked for me.  My S10+ on T-mobile is on the latest firmware that just came out yesterday.  My galaxy buds are on the latest firmware that just came out Wednesday or Thursday.  I have cleared the cache of bluetooth, wearables app and phone cache.  I also reset my buds after clearing the cache.  When I am outside it seems I cannot have the phone more than 2ft away from my head.   I live in NYC and wonder if the issue happens to anyone not in a city environment like suburbs.  If I insert my phone into my pocket with the bottom first so the top of the phone is closer to my head it helps a little.

bassoprofundo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely not solved...  I've done all the things mentioned here but get cutouts from my S10+ when it's in my pocket and from my Galaxy Watch (connected directly to the buds) when I swing my arms while walking.  On the watch, the minute I swing my left arm level with my body, the buds start cutting out.  What's weird is that I didn't have this issue with my phone on the first pair I had, but I had to RMA because the right bud just died one day.   My current pair cuts out like crazy...

userSN8GKMWYWJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

disabling Adaptive battery and seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Setting >> Device care >> Battery >> Settings >> Adaptive battery

user17zgEJQHIn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've also suffered the same problem since buying Galaxy Buds last week, however it seems to be resolved by placing my phone in the right pocket rather than the left. I guess the Bluetooth receiver is in the right Bud, so the bluetooth signal doesn't need to travel through/around my body.

Overall, not what you expect when paying over £100 for a pair of buds, but it appears to be a viable workaround

nopen1278
Asteroid

@samsungzell is that reply for me? As I wrote in my reply...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungZell is that reply for me? As I wrote in my reply the solution of updating the software is now working. It just didn't work in the past. I was hoping to show other users that the current update has fixed the issues I was having and to give their galaxy buds a second chance by updating to the latest update as I was pleasantly surprised the latest update worked great for me.

TarynClaire
Asteroid

@nopen1278 I posted a reply on this thread on 4/18 that I...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@nopen1278 I posted a reply on this thread on 4/18 that I updated and the buds were working again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: @nopen1278 I posted a reply on this thread on 4/18 that I...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for letting us know that your concerns were resolved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userCdcLt7JbhF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't know if you eventually got this resolved but incase others have the same problem, I was on the verge of sending mine back. Music was constantly cutting out or skipping when I was outside running until ..... I took them out and switched ears! Now as soon as I step outside my door, if they start skipping again, I switch then round and the problem is solved. 

Samsung_5R5sENk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been doing some research and I had this issue when riding my bike, whenever the phone was in my pocket.

It seems many people have solved this by adjusting the Power Settings on their phone. Either changing to High performance, or turning off Adaptive Power. These seem to increase the power to Bluetooth and drastically increase the Bluetooth signal eliminating the stutters and skips.

Hope this helps, but it was definitely a phone power management/battery issue for me.