⭐Galaxy Buds Update (ASF3)⭐

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190626-182416_Galaxy Buds.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: ⭐Galaxy Buds Update (ASF3)⭐

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TechDeviceSavor  My bluetooth never cuts out when I put my phone in my left pocket. There are times when I even used the left ear bud only and put the right ear bud in the case.  If that is the case then how can it be that the right bud is the receiver? 

8 REPLIES 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So will this new update allow me to have my s10 in my pocket without the Galaxy Buds cutting out? I don't understand why Samsung insist their customers beta test their new products post launch. Heres a test case for Samsungs garbage QA team:

1.  Put on Galaxy Buds

2. Put phone in pocket

3. Go out for a walk in the real world

4. If Galaxy Buds connection stability fails STOP 

5. DO NOT LAUNCH BUDS AND FIX THE ISSUE

Its that simple! My cheap $30 chinese buds work better than galaxy buds.

userWebTChOhWX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the update, bad micro in calls stayed the same, well it seems to me that Samsung can´t solve this issue.

Ill buy other brand, like the user above said, my chinese TWS work like a charm on my S8.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS IS THE NUMBER #1 SOLUTION (SOLVED!)

I have the same issue as everyone else, put your phone in your pocket and the buds become unusable.  There is a reason for this.  Galaxy buds, as well as all other wireless earbuds, work as a bluetooth transmitter and receiver.  It is the RIGHT galaxy bud that is the bluetooth receiver and transmitter.  The right earbud receives the bluetooth signal from your phone or galaxy watch and transmits it to the left earbud.  As a result the RIGHT galaxy bud is where the bluetooth signal is the strongest.  When you are in the home or office you may notice no connectivity issues.  This is because there is less interference from other radio signals like wifi and bluetooth.  But go out in the public where there are many people and buildings and your buds become unstable and useless.

There is a solution to achieve near 100% stability while out in the public.  I tested this today 6/27/2019 after the latest Galaxy Buds update (ASF3).  The latest update DID NOT correct this issue..but here is what did.  If you are like me you put your phone in your left front pocket or you have your Galaxy watch on your left wrist while you have your Galaxy buds in your ears.  This configuration gaurantees your buds will cut out.  This is because your Galaxy buds bluetooth receiver is on the right side of your body.  I know this shouldn't happen but it does.  All you need to do is put your devices on the right side of your body.  Phone in your right pocket, or Galaxy watch on your right wrist.  And magically your Galaxy buds connection greatly improves.  For me it was 99.99% stability.  But doing so may feel awkward since you are use to having your devices on the left side of your body.  In that case you can just put your RIGHT earbud in your left ear and your LEFT earbud in your right ear.  The buds fit in a little different but for me it wasn't an issue.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TechDeviceSavor  My bluetooth never cuts out when I put my phone in my left pocket. There are times when I even used the left ear bud only and put the right ear bud in the case.  If that is the case then how can it be that the right bud is the receiver? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That maybe true what you are saying.  When I put in my buds I always remove the right earbud first from the case and put it in my ear then I remove the left earbud from the case at which time the earbuds pair up and connect to my device.  Maybe they are both receivers but it depends on which earbud is removed first from the case.  I don't know.  Would be a good test case to examine.  Either way, there are hundreds if not thousands of users of this product that are experiencing connectivity issues.  This is not an isolated issue with just a few users.  The Samsung community is waiting for the geniuses at Samsung to provide an explanation on how we are suppose to use these buds without them becoming useless.  Maybe you, a "Samsung Care Ambassador" can explain to everyone how to use these buds.  Because by all the post I'm reading about all of the connection issues, NOBODY at Samsung has provided any useful information to get these things to work properly.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will test this tomorrow on my daily jog. I will remove the left earbud from the case first, allow it to pair to my device, then remove the right earbud. If the bluetooth connection is stable with my phone in my left pocket or stable with my Galaxy watch on my left wrist but the connection becomes unstable when the devices are moved to my right pocket or right wrist then this is a solution to correct the connection issues. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tested this by removing the left earbud from the case first then the right earbud to determine if this corrects the  connection stability with my devices on the left side of my body. This did not work. I still observed a very poor bluetooth connection with my devices on the left. This was corrected as soon as I moved the devices to the right side of my body.  So it appears that the right earbud is indeed receiving the bluetooth signal the strongest from my s10 and from my Galaxy watch. And by placing my devices on the right side of my body including in my pocket will greatly increase the stability of the earbuds bluetooth connection. 

Doyleceejay
Constellation

The call quality has been poor since release but I did te...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The call quality has been poor since release but I did test out the galaxy buds after this update and the person on the other side they heard me significantly better!