cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDIw0SqiXgu
Asteroid

Galaxy Buds disconnecting while outdoors

I've had these buds for a couple months now and have had this issue since purchasing.  Inside my home or at work in the building connections are great, no cutting out or even static.  Working exactly how I'd expect, however, when I step outdoors no matter the location if my phone is in my back pockets there are so many disconnects and so much static I get frustated and just take them out.

I have found if my phone is in my hands (inconvenient for outdoor activities, like yardwork) or my front right pocket, there is a little less static or disconnecting... but anything that comes between the phone and buds, the issue is right back. 

I'm currently using a Galaxy S9+, Buds are at R170XXU0ASF3 software version.  This issue has been going on for several software versions.  Anyone else with this issue??  Please I need a fix soon or I may sell these things...

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Buds disconnecting while outdoors

Have you checked for any updates on your phone? It may help if you try clearing the cache for the phone. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userDIw0SqiXgu
Asteroid

Galaxy Wearable is Version 2.2.24.19031361, latest version.  Android is at 9, no updates available either.  I have tried resetting the buds as well is disconnecting/reconnecting to no avail. 

userDIw0SqiXgu
Asteroid

Anything else I can try?  Do you have any new firmware coming soon?  I've seen several are experiencing disconnect issues similar to this. @SamsungDarius 

Samsung_DpazCMT
Constellation

I have had the same issue with my Galaxy S10+ and the Galaxy Watch. I was so irritated that I contacted Samsung support and got a replacement earbuds, and they do the exact same thing. Samsung support was terrible too making the whole situation a frustrating process. I ended up getting a cheap pair of Anker earbuds and they work great, no connection issues. 

If I want my earbuds to work when running, I have to hold my watch to my ear. Not impressed with the Galaxy Buds!

userDIw0SqiXgu
Asteroid

@Samsung_DpazCMT  I don't understand.  Can you connect the Galaxy Buds to a Galaxy Watch?  I'm pretty sure they connect to the bluetooth on your phone, which is my issue with them.  I have a Galaxy watch as well, can you let me know how to connect the buds if you can?  I'd like to try that as well... Thanks!