cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
APotato
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy Buds: only one side works at a time after update

As titled, the earbuds updated automatically and then I notice only one side would work at a time (both sides proven to connect and play audio perfectly just not together), depending on which one I took out of the case first. This only happened after the software update (updated on 3/20) and the only thing that I can think of is the face that one side was in my ear during the update. I'm not sure if that might affect it. Or is the update affecting everyone? It'd be nice to have some comments with advice before I go ahead and send these in. Thanks.

236 REPLIES 236
APotato
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Buds: only one side works at a time after update

PS: I tried looking in the wearable app to find the reset option in the About buds, it isn't there. Also, the earbuds are fully charged so it's not that either. And I tried leaving them in the case for 7 seconds then taking them out, and reinstall wearable app, unpair/pair, all those possible things to try.

userhEs3KphzWI
Asteroid

I'm having similar problem in which only one bud is working at a time, and also I have tried everything that you have. Upon further investigating I realized only one of the buds got updated to the latest version because of which they are not able to work parallel to each other. And also trying to update the buds requires both of them to connect which creates a problem.

APotato
Cosmic Ray

That's exactly my problem too! I am seeing there is another notification saying there's an update, but it requires BOTH buds to be connected... Which is not quite happening. Hopefully there's a solution soon...

userdDXJ0QasEg
Constellation

I am having the same issue. Right side not connecting and pending an update. 

Cannot update without both connected. Help!

useravUK6OrY6Z
Constellation

Yo, I got the same problem since the update yesterday. Is there any solution yet.

@APotato wrote:

As titled, the earbuds updated automatically and then I notice only one side would work at a time (both sides proven to connect and play audio perfectly just not together), depending on which one I took out of the case first. This only happened after the software update (updated on 3/20) and the only thing that I can think of is the face that one side was in my ear during the update. I'm not sure if that might affect it. Or is the update affecting everyone? It'd be nice to have some comments with advice before I go ahead and send these in. Thanks.

kredmond7829
Cosmic Ray

Same problems for me. Anyone find a fix yet ?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Were both buds in the charging case when you updated the software?

kredmond7829
Cosmic Ray

I don't remember, probably not though. 

APotato
Cosmic Ray

No, one side was out of the case as I have mentioned in my description.