cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermsjO7XR1JA
Astronaut

Galaxy Buds terrible Bluetooth interference

I have  found the buds  very choppy at times and I don't know if its interference with other radio signals or not. When I'm walking or jogging the Blue tooth intermittently breaks up (sometimes very badly) when paired with both Galaxy Watch or S10+ and only seems to stop if i move watch or phone up to the buds. 
Phone in my pocket it happens; phone in my hand or held up to buds, doesn't happen. Same with the Galaxy watch... jogging and hands by my side it happens, hold it up to the buds and it stops. 
This doesn't seem to happen when I'm stationary but its hard to judge. Normally the range itself is great and it will stay connected to the S10+ over 10 meters away. 
Anyone else experiencing this or do I have a dud pair? I was previously using a pair of Jam Transit Mini Buds with the phone and the watch and it worked perfectly.

41 REPLIES 41
useryLu027mMdf
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Buds terrible Bluetooth interference

I have only just started using my galaxy buds on my Samsung galaxy s9 plus and my galaxy buds stop working or cut in and out when there is some interferenxe, at work I noticed starting near metal made the signal break up and I also noticed if the phone is in the car and you walk 2 meters away from the car the signal drops out conpletely.

userdIo4vRAatD
Constellation

I have the exact same problem.

AL2K3
Cosmic Ray

Same for me . It's not good in my pocket outside but far away in house it's fine. 

userfERzYTRvRq
Constellation

Yes exactly! Inside it can even cross walls but outside while im biking with the phone on my pocket it has this annoying little interuptions
userEVeY7LtgAL
Asteroid

Having similar issues ... dropouts and static           interference ... if i disconnect and reconnect the issue will go away .... however it is very random ... at first i thought there may be a loose connection in the earbud ... the left ear bud seems to be much worse  ....  I had less interference with an old bluetooth receiver that is 10 yrs old. For the price this should not be happening .. especially as Im using them with the galaxy s10 ... I hope a future update will resolve the problem

userEVeY7LtgAL
Asteroid

was curious if you have found a fix atall ... i am having problems exactly like yours
userI2QF6JE3zi
Constellation

ok, germany here.

galaxy buds and s10+.

At home, all is ok, but when i go outside and walk trough the city, or near the university oder on some sweet spots with alot of people sitting in the sun,

the connection is very bad, even when i press stop scaning in bluetooth settings.

i think there is a big problem when there are alot of bluetooth in the air.

Red-Beard
Constellation

I think I have it fixed. See my solution below. It is a power saving function causing the issue. You do not fix it in the Bluetooth menu or in the Program options. You have to find the App in the APPS menu and look for additional settings. My issue came up with Amazon Music. I fixed the issue for both power savings and background data for streaming.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Bluetooth-issues/m-p/540230/highlight/true#M10638

userEVeY7LtgAL
Asteroid

i think what you are talking about is an app being put to sleep etc under power saving etx .. or something similar. What peopl ein this post are talking about is interference ... .they are diferent issues.