cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syxthsense
Constellation

[Galaxy Earbuds] Case/Earbuds Not Charging Wirelessly

I'm experiencing several shared symptoms as other users.

Model Number: SM-R170

Serial Number: Available on request

• I have tried all steps listed in https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111319/. The issue persists.
  • Firmware has stayed up to date, daily. Diagnostic info has been shared.
  • The case itself will not wirelessly charge by any means. I have tried charging off the OEM Samsung wireless pad, as well as via Wireless PowerShare from my S10+. Neither method shows that the device is receiving a charge, and the device itself indeed does not charge.
  • When the earbuds are inserted/removed from the case, the light between the LR designation markings inside does not light up - it stays off the entirety of the time. The pins inside the case, and the small, round connection plates on the earbuds have been thoroughly cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.
  • The case shows a solid red/ green light on the front (depending on it's charging level). This light stays on 100% of the time, whether the case is open, closed, on or off a physical charger.
  • When closed inside the case, the earbuds do not charge from the case itself. If the case is physically plugged in, the earbuds will charge.
  • I have cleared the cache/data for the Galaxy Wearable app and even reinstalled. Earbuds were reset and completely unpaired from the device. Checking for firmware updates states that everything is up to date.

If there's anything you can give me in terms of information or some troubleshooting techniques, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

[Update]

Voltmeter shows that current is being sent via the pins

20190925_120216.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: [Galaxy Earbuds] Case/Earbuds Not Charging Wirelessly

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user8REw3oRpEu
Constellation

Did you find a solution for this? Mine a just a few months old and won't wireless charge. After I sue the earbuds and put them back in to the case they don't charge either. The only way they charge is if I plug them into the wall. I haven't had to use a wall charger for like 5 years so I hate having to. Wireless charging was the reason I bought them. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator