cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriTtCMfOfNz
Constellation

Galaxy Fit (Not Gear Fit) Bluetooth Range

Greetings.  As I could not locate a separate forum for the Galaxy Fit..I am posting this here.  I have an issue with the new Galaxy Fit (not Gear Fit).  The connection range I am getting to my Samsung Galaxy S10+ in my home between rooms is only around 25 feet.  I have two other wearable devices (one of which is on previous BT standard 4) that I can go anywhere in my two level house and maintain the connection.

Although I understand walls and obstacles impact reception, the Galaxy Fit is on BT 5.0, which is rated to communicate at 4 times the distance and at greater speed than BT 4.0.  I have tried unpairing, then resetting the Galaxy Fit, uninstalling/reinstalling the Galaxy Wearables app, then repairing.  There has been no change in the connection range since doing this.

Has anyone experienced similar, or perhaps someone knows the root cause fo this?  All other aspects of the Galaxy Fit work normally.

Best,

Mj

2 REPLIES 2
userNF7nPNIkzU
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Fit (Not Gear Fit) Bluetooth Range

Hey There,

I just got my Galaxy Fit and am having the same issue of short range, annoyingly i can't be in the kitchen with my watch on and stay connected to my phone (Note 10+) in my bedroom...maybe 30 feet away.

Any luck finding a fix?

thanks,

NC

Highlighted
useriTtCMfOfNz
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Fit (Not Gear Fit) Bluetooth Range

No, I did not find a fix for this. I believe it is simply a design characteristic designed to save power (or perhaps represents a limitation of antenna design) when the Galaxy Fit is beyond the engineered Bluetooth reception range.  I've just learned to live with it, as the Galaxy Fit still functions while disconnected, and then appears to make any needed updates when it reestablishes its connection.  For me, the device's other many positive features outweigh this one negative aspect. 

I've found overall that I really like it, and it meets my use case very well.

Best,

Mj