cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userunHw76LMnG
Constellation

Galaxy buds Bluetooth connection issues

I was super excited about my galaxy buds - they sound great. They fit great. The only problem is the bluetooth is exceedingly weak. Basically to get good full reception I have to be holding. My phone in front of me (like I'm using it). Move it to my side (in my hand) and it cuts out. Put it in my inside Jean Jacket pocket- cuts out. Put it in my purse - cuts out. So basically it limits my usage. And God forbid I turn my head while listening. One will go completely out while the other still plays. And if I'm really lucky - the other one will pick back up with a slight delay.

32 REPLIES 32
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy buds Bluetooth connection issues

Hey @userunHw76LMnG, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing such a poor time with your Galaxy Buds. Have you updated them? Although mine work with my phone in a whole other room, there have been two updates that improve the stability of Bluetooth.

I have attached a screenshot of the most recent update for your reference.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userwagVcQibZz
Constellation

I'm using the Note 8, the buds are up to date, yet I they cut out the second I put then in any of my pockets, no matter how thin the material, or the orientation of my phone. I can set them down and the range is great, but the second I place the phone in my pocket, I start losing connectivity in one ear, then the other, back and forth.  I have to hold my phone while jogging so they keep working.

userk7qXLr4ywn
Constellation

Same with my buds... bought them a couple weeks ago to get rid of annoying wire when I run or train.

I turns out that I can't even do situps with the phone beside me, I had to ask my friend to hold the phone above me while doing the situps so the connection would not break.

I'm on a blackberry priv and am on the R170XXU0ASH2 firmware...

Its just ludacris, the phone is on the coffee table less then 2 feet away from the buds and when I turn my head I loose connection... 

Oh and I'm quite sure that its not the device (my phone) as my friend's wireless Beats and my Sony MX1000 are working just fine with a reasonable 15 feet range or so... and still don't cut when I turn my head...

What a waste...

Guru8492
Asteroid

Yeah that's not right, the bluetooth connection on those are amazing.

userOr1AoANsVY
Astronaut

Well it depends. I got the black galaxy buds for my s9plus and they work good but the connection sometimes stutters . Plus my right one always dies 5 or 10 percent faster then the left. I dont know if its because that side has the mic or what but i dont like it. But the sound is way better then airpods n regardless of battery issue on right side it still last multiple hours without recharge

useriQAP9uq92q
Constellation

Yeah the right one drains faster because it has the mic it happens to me too.

user4uZCE0URcb
Constellation

ive had the same problem bit only when theyre in my jean pockets. Its odd because they work from several rooms over but not in my pocket.

userlG2edzMvSt
Constellation

I am having the same issue. If my phone is in my pocket (shirt, jeans, shorts) the connection will crackle or cut out. It can be on one sie or the other or both. I have the S10 update and the buds update. I have cleares the cache and reset network connections the re-paired the buds. This didn't happen the first week I had them. But does now often. If i hold the phone in my hand it is fine. But in any pocket it happens. Also othe headsets like my level on work fine. Feels like a bug in the buds software.
userW7nCS1Qd75
Astronaut

Same here...have to hold my phone to keep signal clear and sometimes that doesn't even work. If they're in my jeans pocket they're cooked.