cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userCt11AD4lEH
Asteroid

Galaxy buds connection

I need some help. When I'm indoors my galaxy buds are fine. However, the second I step outside with the phone (S9) in my pocket, the connection drops and the audio will jump. If I then take the phone out of my pocket & hold it infront of me, the issue goes away. I've tried everything from battery optimisation to clearing my cache partition. Nothing stops this appalling connection. 

 

I paired my buds with my work iPhone though and when I put that phone in my pocket, the connection stayed stable.

 

This suggests to me that the issue lies with the phone & not the buds so will someone please tell me what I can do so that my buds aren't a total waste of money??? Please???

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy buds connection


@userCt11AD4lEH wrote:

I need some help. When I'm indoors my galaxy buds are fine. However, the second I step outside with the phone (S9) in my pocket, the connection drops and the audio will jump. If I then take the phone out of my pocket & hold it infront of me, the issue goes away. I've tried everything from battery optimisation to clearing my cache partition. Nothing stops this appalling connection. 

 

I paired my buds with my work iPhone though and when I put that phone in my pocket, the connection stayed stable.

 

This suggests to me that the issue lies with the phone & not the buds so will someone please tell me what I can do so that my buds aren't a total waste of money??? Please???


I don't listen to my earbuds outside, but I have read some people report that if you put your phone in right or left pocket(I don't remember which one) and put it upside down, then audio is fine


Reply
Loading...
userCt11AD4lEH
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy buds connection

Unfortunately I've tried that & it makes no difference. I'm really disappointed with these buds.

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy buds connection


@userCt11AD4lEH wrote:

Unfortunately I've tried that & it makes no difference. I'm really disappointed with these buds.


So if you are at home and put your phone into the packet, does the the audio still cuts in/out?


Reply
Loading...
userCt11AD4lEH
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy buds connection

No - it's only outside the house when it cuts out. It's so weird Smiley Sad

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy buds connection


@userCt11AD4lEH wrote:

No - it's only outside the house when it cuts out. It's so weird Smiley Sad


Interference from outside antennas, wifi signals... try to turn off wifi next time when you are outside, just to test


Reply
Loading...
userQdmcwOFIyw
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy buds connection

Not to mention, when basic issues come up that just require a reset to fix -- YOU CAN'T DO IT. 

 

The only way to reset them is through the app, which isn't available to iPhone users. I've confirmed this through a chat with a specialist who was not helpful whatsoever. So, basically, if you don't have a Samsung phone, just buy Airpods. It's simply not worth the hassle. 

Reply
Loading...