JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds connectivity issue

(Topic created: 04-21-2019 12:07 PM)
GreatTyler
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Since the last firmware update the bluetooth connection to my buds is terrible. It starts to get choppy as soon as I put my phone in my pocket. If I old the phone behind my back it goes away completely. This performance is just unacceptable 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GreatTyler
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey,

So I connected the galaxy buds, went into the wearables app and clicked "About earbuds", then I reset the buds and set them up again like new and this helped with my issue for now. Hope this helps you as well

View solution in context

40 Replies
useriMsdazUyga
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same problem I cant even use them cause as soon i put my phone on my pocket it starts to cut off, very choppy bluetooth connection. My $40 anker soundcore spirit x put the galaxy buds to shame on that aspect.

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I would like to look into this further. Please provide the following:

Model of phone connected to:

Software version of phone:

Wearables app version:

Software version of Buds:

Have you tested the Buds with any other devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

GreatTyler
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out! I ended up resetting the earbuds since this happened after an update they got and that must have cleared something up cause they are much better now.

0 Likes
userwpDX8SDkgg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a samsung j7 and both phone and galaxy buds up to date.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userwpDX8SDkgg What troubleshooting steps have you done in regards to your issue?

0 Likes
userOV2LgNtn2R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Will it work on a note 5 with Android 7.0 with it's full features and quality?

0 Likes
userOJse37d4Vc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same issue on Moto G7 Power. Also cuts out near microwaves, anything electric. My other buds don't do this. This is unacceptable in a $100+ earbuds when $8 ones don't have this issue. 

@SamsungRei wrote:

I would like to look into this further. Please provide the following:

Model of phone connected to:

Software version of phone:

Wearables app version:

Software version of Buds:

Have you tested the Buds with any other devices?

Samsung_vE0R9EV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I agree, I am very disappointed with the Galaxy Buds. I cannot walk my dog and listen to music unless I hold the phone right next to my ear. They have constant interference. I have an S9 phone and have tried all of the suggestion on here and gotten no better results. I am thinking about buying a different product but I would have liked the $110 I spent to be a usable product.

0 Likes
Solution
GreatTyler
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey,

So I connected the galaxy buds, went into the wearables app and clicked "About earbuds", then I reset the buds and set them up again like new and this helped with my issue for now. Hope this helps you as well