JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds connectivity issue

(Topic created: 04-21-2019 12:07 PM)
GreatTyler
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Since the last firmware update the bluetooth connection to my buds is terrible. It starts to get choppy as soon as I put my phone in my pocket. If I old the phone behind my back it goes away completely. This performance is just unacceptable 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user1vDzRpss2z
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

As i am using a iPhone 6s and can not use an app how do I fix this?  Using latest iOS and firmware on the buds ... I have even used the windows 10 app and have tried to update there no help!

0 Likes
TheGeekNextDoor
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I believe this to be a temporary fix for that session. What it achieves is getting the buds to find a new communications channel. To avoid having to reset your buds on a daily basis, you need to take the buds out of their case after you get outside. I had this issue forever and just dealt with it. Then I started turning them on after I got outside and away from my home's wifi. Now I get very few stutters (like 99% fewer).

Glenner
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

What a mess they have on their hands. Nothing highlighted worked for either myself or my wife. After reading all the threads and activity, Samsung had better get out in front of this QUICKLY.

So unnessesary, rush to market and product launch failure, lack of testing prior to release.  I've told so many people stay away from them.

Sad, sad, sad.

userqw9zX2O06b
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Interesting, I will give this a try.

0 Likes
Glenner
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi everyone - I'm in the IT business within Healthcare and a bit of a 'geek.'

My wife and I are experiencing the same issues!  My wife and I BOTH have identical set-ups. We're both on the same phone (S8), same carrier (AT&T), same software version (device, buds, app), and both purchased the same buds & we're both experiencing the same issues! Any time we place our devices in our back pockets (we cycle, run together) the buds drop connections. Seems to me to be a receiver issue within the buds themselves - IMO. I'm hoping there might be a software solution to the issue but how long it will take for Samsung to move this to the top of the pile remains to be seen.

Model of phone connected to: Samsung Galaxy S8 

Software version of phone: G950USQS6DSG4

Wearables app version: 2.2.26.19081661

Software version of Buds: R170XXU0ASH2

user2zZffkk0K3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Did not work for me at all.

@GreatTyler wrote:

Hey,

So I connected the galaxy buds, went into the wearables app and clicked "About earbuds", then I reset the buds and set them up again like new and this helped with my issue for now. Hope this helps you as well

usertmSkvAn7YQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

That didn't work for me there still stuttering.

0 Likes
userDPBKIRTSyf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

The reset button in tge app won't work as the left bud wont connect 

0 Likes
userYu8fI5F5GG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I thought this was just me, unfortunately glad to know this is happening to everyone, this happens in all kinds of pants and shorts.  The resetting did nothing for me, I did try using a belt style case that I use for running and got the same result when it was around my waist, I moved it up to my chest and it works great but I don't really want a phone strapped around my chest.  I'm going to get an arm band and see if that works, tired of holding the phone in my hand when listening.

0 Likes
userO6cxK1Tyw1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I did the same as a first step, it lasted aobut a day and then in-and-out ot goes. I even made a video screenshot. 

0 Likes