cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userptYoizvaFs
Constellation

Galaxy buds mic problems on phone calls make them unusable

So both me and a friend picked up the galaxy buds.  We have experimented quite a bit with them on phone calls at this point.  In a nice quite area the mic quality is crystal clear and sounds great.  However with even miniumal back ground noise pressent the mic cuts in and out, sounds like someones got a pillow over there face, or just sounds like a garbled mess.  From my understanding the galaxy buds have 2 sets of mics called adaptive dual microphones .  It uses a normal mic and when it detects an unknown amount of back ground noise (seems like it takes a very minimal amount for this to happen ) it switches to the 2nd set of mics that are supose to pick up your voice essentually from the sound in your head/bones some how.  From what I can tell this second set of mics dont function well at all and the headset switches to them when it hears a minimal amount of back ground noise.  I honestly dont understand how this made it to market like this, with the bose wireless earbuds I could literatly hear a buddy perfect siting at the train crossing with his windows down and train going by, with the galaxy buds driving around town with the window open at 30mph you cant understand a single work they say.  Ive even had issues when understanding somene when there walking down the street just from wind and ambient sounds in the air.  Is there plans on releasing an update to fix this soon or should I just return these and proceed to leave reviews explaining how there great earbuds as long as you have zero intention on making a phone call with them.

3 REPLIES 3
Stokesx712
Constellation

Re: Galaxy buds mic problems on phone calls make them unusable

my wife and I are having the very same issues with ours. I got these with the Note 10's that I just got last month and I swear the phone quality is horrible. No one can ever hear me. When I'm on the phone with her, she constantly sounds muffled.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user63TLeGBTZN
Constellation

I'm having this problem with my earbuds. No one can hear my voice during calls!!