Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 heart rate monitoring broken by update

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 08:00 PM)
doozle
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
As of the latest update for my gw4 44mm Bluetooth (ending in CUID), the auto heart rate monitoring is broken (every 10min when still). I factory reset my watch the night after the update and the issue has been ongoing since then.

Continous heart rate monitoring works, but that's a big battery drain. 

Many other people on reddit are reporting this too. 

7 Replies
coopaloop
Galaxy
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I returned mine for some of the same problems in the on the sofa I'm running and swimming and bought me a Fitbit
doozle
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
There are lots of other little glitches with this watch too. I'm pretty disappointed. At least the heart rate monitoring was solid until this last update. It feels like I paid $300 to beta test this product. Google really dropped the ball with updating their own apps for wear os 3.0 also, keep doesn't work.
0 Likes
coopaloop
Galaxy
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Sorry watch
0 Likes
sbllbs
Halo
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
This is the WORST Samsung watch I have owned almost all of them. The heart rate monitor is ABSOLUTE garbage. Do not buy.
0 Likes
DigitalNico
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I'm experiencing the same issue, all stemming back to the last update.
Jatala22
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am having the same issue after the last update. Any ETA from Samsung on a patch? More than likely they'll make us wait until the next software update. Brand new watch, so far I am starting to regret sending them my gear s3 Frontier.

0 Likes
user0EhNTqscy9
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Here it is November and I too am now having issues with the GW4. The heart rate monitor won't even connect to running apps (Strava and Adidas Running) on my phone. There are huge gaps in Samsung Health, too. 

This started last week after an update. Factory reset did nothing to fix it.

0 Likes