cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy wearables app crashed after Android 10 upgrade.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my Google pixel 3 to Android 10 yesterday.  Since then I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my Gear S3.  The Galaxy Wearables app is useless, it crashes right after opening, and is a battery drain on my phone.  

Also before yesterday my watch would last 2 days, now I took my watch off he charger this morning and it is down to 30% at lunch time.  I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Wearables app, but that didn’t help at all.  Not sure what to try next.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy wearables app crashed after Android 10 upgrade.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Erik2173  I had the same problem, I had posted over in the Galaxy Watch section of the forums. The solutions given by the mods are not really solutions (terrible answers under any circumstances). I'm guessing you didn't really accept this solution given to you in this thread, either. Here's a link to my post, I'm curious if you can get yours working again folowwing the steps that worked for me.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Wearable-App-crash-Android-10/td-p/817856

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time, the wearables app is not compatible with Android 10 (Q). Once Samsung devices start getting Android 10 (Q), the various apps will also update compatibility. Regretfully I cannot speculate on when that might happen though. I am sorry for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This answer is unacceptable. Android 10 beta has been available for months. Why would Samsung not be actively working toward updating their extremely important app to be ready for the first full release of Android 10? I am having the same issue since updating my phone yesterday and my recently purchased Galaxy Watch Active is now useless. I was told and read lots about the smooth compatability between Pixel and this watch only to run into this issue already?

Samsung better up their game here or many customers like myself will not purchase their devices in the future. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I guess if you aren’t on a Samsung phone they just don’t care about you.  I’ll remember that when it’s time to replace my watch.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like complaints about their breaking their product are rejected  now. Horrible customer service.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this marked as solved?  This is far from solved my watch barely functions.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I apologize, but this solution on this thread was approve...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, but this solution on this thread was approved by a moderator, as this would be the answer to the inquiry. If you feel that this in anyway is wrong you can feel free to send one of us a private message, however once a solution has been marked by a moderator this would be final. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being part of the community.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This a bunch bunk! Now I have $250 piece of junk on my wrist! You want us to accept your solution? Well that's laughable. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Erik2173  I had the same problem, I had posted over in the Galaxy Watch section of the forums. The solutions given by the mods are not really solutions (terrible answers under any circumstances). I'm guessing you didn't really accept this solution given to you in this thread, either. Here's a link to my post, I'm curious if you can get yours working again folowwing the steps that worked for me.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Wearable-App-crash-Android-10/td-p/817856

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userL41OmdMPwh 

I tried your method and the Gear Wearables app still crashes.  I uninstalled everything except Smarthome....maybe I'll try that next.