JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 2Fit Pro Overheat

(Topic created: 12-07-2020 07:45 AM)
userSBbofKr1al
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had my Gear 2Fit Pro for just over a year now without major issues. Recently the watch started to overheat in the vicinity of the heart rate monitor, to the extent that I had to take it off. The watch then switches off on its own. It seems like a battery problem.

I have tried multiple reboots, checked that the lastest software update was installed and even reset the watch. None of the aforementioned resolved the issue.

Any tips or advice to fix this?

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am sorry to hear this. I sent you a private message. I am more than happy to help you out with this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user05Ssog10h3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, i am having the exact same issue. After i power on my watch it starts overheating and as soon as the screen times out it shuts down completely after 3-4 seconds. Any ideas?

0 Likes
JulianoS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I happened to me also... I bought it on May 11th 2018, so it is 2 years old...

Out of nowhere today, while had it on my hand, I felt it warmer and warmer... Until one point it was very hot! The screen was black, nothing showing so I just hold the power button and I think it turned off because it vibrated.

And now, hours later, it's dead. If I am putting in the charger, it heats up like crazy... And if I am holding the power button for 5-10 seconds, it vibrates at one point but nothing else... 😞

So there is a problem with these watches..

0 Likes
JohnB3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Having same overheating issue holdingtholding button buzzes once or battery dead. Very hot near heart rate sensor.  

userU64qBqgWbA
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've had mine for a while, while in a pool in Las Vegas this week it shut off . . . when I try to recharge I get that triangle with the "!" and there were flashes of overheating messages. I've tried everything and it will not restart or charge now. Did anyone ever find a solution? 

0 Likes
userRPFdwik4BG
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
had my watch now 3 almost 4yrs and just burned my arm because of overheating. I love it. my watch shut off and can't get it back on. looking for anyone that can help
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello @userRPFdwik4BG, I'm sorry to hear about this. If you'll send me a private message with the full model code and serial number for the watch I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Good morning! I just wanted to check in to see if you are still in need of assistance?

0 Likes
userRPFdwik4BG
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
the watch is completely dead and out of warranty. the screen won't turn on and all reboot options have no result. it won't charge and it doesn't respond to anything. model is SM-R36Q. I don't have a serial number
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you. The serial number should also be on the back of the watch in small print. If you could please send that in a private message? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

0 Likes