JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 12-15-2018 08:55 AM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

161 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Can you send us a private message with the following information? 

Full model number

Serial number

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userLxVxbumqES
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Please used 5v, 2.1A usb port to charge your SamsungGear 360, it's work for me to activate Gear360.USB port 5v 2.1A

PS: i dont have Note8, i came from Singapore, i tired use samsung Powerbank, it's work wont for me.

Samsung, this is how you treat your loyalty fans 🙂

0 Likes
userX16aoHf4Oy
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I haven't used my Gear 360 in about a year.

Over the last 2 days, I turned my house upside down trying to find any kind of USB charger I could get my hands on.  I found one very old universal adapter that I purchased 15 years ago hiding at the very back of my bottom drawer, under some old photos around the same time period that had the label 5V, 1amp.  I plugged it in and it didn't work! I punched the wall a couple times, turn around and looked at my Gear 360. THE RED LIGHT WAS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started jumping around the room like a nutcase screaming where my girlfriend got scared and ran out of the room. Oh my god, what an adrenaline run!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

In total, I tried about 20+ different adapters, PC connections, cables, everything on this thread, etc... Just like someone said on this thread, you need a very low amp. I tried a 1.5amp but it didn't work the day before. Looks like 5v, 1amp is the key (original Samasung cable)! 

0 Likes
userqMfWFfPLeP
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
https://youtu.be/t1yjbLpUSgE samsung gear 360 fixed
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Please be aware that any self-repair of your device will void the limited warranty.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userGSOyWLapZC
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Same thing fir me... Samsung please helpppppp!!!!!
0 Likes
Solution
Bncwheeler
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
What works for me is to use a micro usb cable plugged into a type c usb adapter which is then plugged into the camera. Seems several variations on this work. Go figure!
0 Likes
userqMfWFfPLeP
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
userf3Hr6FT7w8
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

What worked for me was plugging a USB volt/ammeter dongle into my charger and plugging the 360's typeC charger cable into the dongle.

At first the meter showed 5.3V 0.0A but after a few minutes there was a flicker of life, the ammeter showed 0.01A and a couple of minutes later it climbed to 0.93A and a few seconds later the charge light finally turned on.

I think the meter was putting enough load on the charger to trick it into switching on its charge mode, maybe this is why some people have found older chargers succeed where the new ones don't .

0 Likes