JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 08-03-2017 09:51 AM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
161 Replies
userT2i4OgqVP1
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

after trying every outlet and every cable I could find, I plugged it in to my computer pressed and held the 2 button on the side at the same time (i think it resets it) and it turned on. I was then able to charge it in a different outlet

0 Likes
userKKFw1lipyt
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

In my case, it wasn't a charger problem

I disassembled the camera and once I had access to the battery I measure it and it was 0.6V, absolutely flat, I'm sure there's some design issue that when the batt is way too low it will not charge
I removed the batt, expose the contacts and charge it at a very low speed (DIY charger) until it got full, once done, I put it back into the camera and came back to normal operation, power on and charge normally.

0 Likes