Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mindyw
Cosmic Ray

Gear Fit 2 Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I posted under someone else's feed so I thought I'd post a separate on.  Has anyone else received burns from their Gear fit 2 after getting water under it? I thought it was supposed to be able to be worn around water without this kind of reaction.  It did blister a little with some clear drainage. It's a little rougher now. I've been treating it at home. I've switched to my right hand and so far okay. I did get it wet earlier and wiped it off before putting it back on. I just got this last week and really like it so far. I don't want to have to give up wearing it.

gearfit2burn.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Gear Fit 2 Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @mindyw

I saw this post in the other thread too, and I will also post there just for clarity sake. 

We definitely want to help you with this. It's not something we really see the Gear Fit 2 do. At first I thought it was possible that it was more a rub rash since the device and skin were both damp. While it's possible that was the main cause, it's still not anything to scoff at. We highly encourage you to reach out in a private message to one of the moderators here, or call Samsung directly. That way we can make this right!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

26 REPLIES 26
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @mindyw

I saw this post in the other thread too, and I will also post there just for clarity sake. 

We definitely want to help you with this. It's not something we really see the Gear Fit 2 do. At first I thought it was possible that it was more a rub rash since the device and skin were both damp. While it's possible that was the main cause, it's still not anything to scoff at. We highly encourage you to reach out in a private message to one of the moderators here, or call Samsung directly. That way we can make this right!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usernpjLigRVVU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having the same issue. I have scars on both arms that get worse after wearing at the gym. I thought it was a contact irritation or not cleaned enough. Not the case, I don't have any sensitivities to metal or textiles.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernpjLigRVVU We would like to look into that for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here?

morwen
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

looks a lot like what happened to me. The first burn was a very definite blister. The second like that.

userZmAjXSqbZA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've also experienced this, although mine didn't blister...the skin has gone rough and scaly (for want of a better word) and is very sensitive to warm water (almost like a burn from an oven). I've been wearing this for 3 weeks now and take it off whenever I'm near water (washing up or showering). I'm very unhappy about this and it's rather painful. This photo was taken after i had taken the watch off and left it off for 12 hours. What do you suggest?

Ps The white marks on my forearm are old scarring, not at all related to the watch. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userZmAjXSqbZA

I'm so sorry to hear about this having happened. Have you already reached out to Samsung directly via phone about this matter or anyone else? I want to be sure that everything gets fixed up for you as soon as possible.

userZmAjXSqbZA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't yet, I want to know if others had had this issue or not first. I didn't realise you could phone Samsung directly 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh for sure! You can call direct to 1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864. I'll step back and let the Community talk if anyone else has had this happen to them, but be sure to reach out to Samsung so they can assist you with getting this fixed too.  Smiley Happy

userbems5qtXB6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had what I thought were allergic reactions on both wrists which were the shape of the whole watch face. Spoke to Samsung UK on the phone and as it was received as part of a free offer and they'd never heard of any such thing there was nothing they could do.

Traded it in and got a fitbit but really miss the watch. Wish I'd found this thread when I was looking for answers originally.