Original topic:

Gear Fit 2 Pro in reboot loop

(Topic created: 07-18-2018 09:55 AM)
userrQj7xY3MYu
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi,

I have an issue with my Gear Fit 2 Pro (Model SM-R365NZKNXAR).

The smartwatch constantly restarts after being some seconds in the standby mode (dark screen). As long as I am selecting any features or keep the screen on it will not restart. Already tried the reset function... Also tried to de-activate all feature I could de-activate...

Any ideas?

Regards,

Mike

0 Likes
JeanCuillerier
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes i tried everything nothing works...i call and they make me do same thing...then they saw go to repair shop...were they will do nothing !...and it's an hour and a half drive to go....

0 Likes
userfXrm8cEXPM
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Samsung fit 2 pro also goes into reboot mode @ 2minutes interval,I have only used it for 2 months bought it from Macy's green acres mall Elmont,New York and now I am in Nigeria.How can this be resolved.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, just following up to see if you need any assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Royal
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just to let you know that, in my case, the symptoms besides the restarts was also that any sensor was not working at all.

I went to a Samsung Service Center and the mainboard had to be replaced. Now its fixed.

0 Likes
userad1979
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My gear fit 2 pro started the continuous rebooting sequence 2 days ago also. I've only had this watch for 7 mths. I've had the original gear fit watch & never had an issue with it, use it for 2 years.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

There are several reasons your Gear may not properly boot. To stop the boot loop, perform the following steps:

**Test the Gear after each step to see if it will boot.**

1. Verify the Gear and apps have recently been updated to the latest software version, and that it has only been charged using a Samsung-approved charger. 
  1. Reboot the Gear.
    1. Press and hold the Power button until Rebooting... displays.
    2. Release the Power button, and then immediately press and release the Power button repeatedly to enter the Reboot Mode menu.
    3. Continue to press and release the Power button until the Reboot option is highlighted.
    4. Press and hold the Power button to select Reboot. Release the Power button when the screen goes black.
    5. The Gear will reboot. Connect it to a phone using the Samsung Gear app, and then check for Software updates.

If issues persist and the Gear is connected to a phone, perform the following steps:

1. Check for Software and app updates for both the phone and Gear.
  1. Use Safe Mode on the phone to make sure a 3rd party app is not the cause of the issue.
  1. Clear the Samsung Gear app cache and data by following the steps below:
    1. Power off the Gear.
    2. From the phone, navigate to and touch Settings > App.
    3. Touch Samsung Gear.
    4. Touch Storage > CLEAR CACHE.
    5. Touch CLEAR DATA> DELETE.
  1. Uninstall and reinstall the Samsung Gear app from the phone, and then reboot the Gear before reconnecting the devices. 
    1. On the Gear, press and hold, and then release the Power button when Rebooting... is displayed.
    2. The Gear will restart. Open the Samsung Gear app, and then scan for the Gear to reconnect it.

If the above steps did not resolve the issue, perform a recovery. All data stored on the Gear will be erased. It may not be possible to back up any data stored on the Gear since the Gear will not boot up.

1.  Press and hold the Power button until Rebooting... displays.
  1. Release the Power button, and then immediately press and release the Power button repeatedly to enter the Reboot Mode menu.
  1. Continue to press and release the Power button until the Recovery option is highlighted.
  1. Press and hold the Power button to select Recovery. Release the Power button when the screen goes black.
  1. The Gear will restart, and the recovery process will begin.
  1. After the recovery is complete, connect the Gear to a phone using the Samsung Gear app, and then check for Software updates.

If the above steps did not resolve the issue, service repairs are recommended.

userDq1cvmUyPs
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried all of the things you put in the response and nothing worked. I can't even get it to power off. If I select power off in the reboot menu, it just keeps doing the reboot loop.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Good Morning. If you have tried all the troubleshooting above then service would be your next step. If you could please send me a private message with the following information: 

• Name:
  • Physical Address:
  • Email Address:
  • Home #:
  • Mobile #:
  • Complete Model Code:
  • Complete Serial Number:
  • Place of Purchase:
  • Method of Contact, if service is needed (Email/SMS):
  • Extended Warranty Plan:
0 Likes
userctl9ZLPrlF
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Help me please

0 Likes
user0uQIW3jZUh
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It's was not helpfull. My samsung gear fit 2 pro restarter still after i try.

0 Likes