cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Gear Fit 2 Pro keeps turning off

My gear fit 2 pro seemed to be working fine when I got it the past two days but today while I was practicing soccer it kept turning itself off while at 69% battery. It seemed to me it might be due to sweating but I would've thought it would be water proof to a degree given its made to record workouts. Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Gear Fit 2 Pro keeps turning off

@oz3096 sorry to hear that and glad to help:

There are a couple reasons your Gear may not properly boot. To stop the boot loop, perform the following steps:

**Test the Gear after each step to see if it will boot.**

• Verify the Gear and apps have recently been updated to the latest software version, and that it has only been charged using a Samsung-approved charger. 
  • Reboot the Gear.
    1. Press and hold the Power button until Rebooting... displays.
    2. Release the Power button, and then immediately press and release the Power button repeatedly to enter the Reboot Mode menu.
    3. Continue to press and release the Power button until the Reboot option is highlighted.
    4. Press and hold the Power button to select Reboot. Release the Power button when the screen goes black.
    5. The Gear will reboot. Connect it to a phone using the Samsung Gear app, and then check for Software updates.
  • If issues persist and the Gear is connected to a phone, perform the following steps:
    • Check for Software and app updates for both the phone and Gear.
    • Use Safe Mode on the phone to make sure a 3rd party app is not the cause of the issue.
    • Clear the Samsung Gear app cache and data by following the steps below:
      1. Power off the Gear.
      2. From the phone, navigate to and touch Settings > App.
      3. Touch Samsung Gear.
      4. Touch Storage > CLEAR CACHE.
      5. Touch CLEAR DATA> DELETE.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the Samsung Gear app from the phone, and then reboot the Gear before reconnecting the devices. 
      1. On the Gear, press and hold, and then release the Power button when Rebooting... is displayed.
      2. The Gear will restart. Open the Samsung Gear app, and then scan for the Gear to reconnect it.

If the above steps did not resolve the issue, perform a recovery reset.

Need more help? This third party site might have a step for you!

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!