cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Gear Fit 2 Pro overheating and won't charge

Hi, I purchased a new Gear Fit 2 Pro last March and it worked great until last week. I took it off to charge and it turned itself off in the cradle. I turned it back on and tried again a few times. It wouldn't stay on. When I turn it on it starts, boots up, watch face comes on and within a minute the back is so hot it burns and it turns itself off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: SM-R365

S/N: <Hidden>

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Gear Fit 2 Pro overheating and won't charge

Hey there, I'm sorry you're having this issue. 

Let me help get a Samsung Moderator to help you with this issue.

@SamsungCole @SamsungRei @SamsungAdam 

Can one of you help with this issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you Cindy. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello!

I can understand reaching out experiencing these symptoms. Do you know if there are any updates for the device? 

I would recommend checking and if there is one to download it. You can download it from the phone or from the watch, you can do so by following these steps.

Update watch software with a phone

On the connected phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app. Tap the Home tab, and then tap Watch software update > Download and install. For some watches, you will need to tap About watchAbout band, or About Gear to access the software update menu.

To automatically download software updates over a Wi-Fi network, be sure to turn on the switch for Auto download over Wi-Fi.

Update watch software without a phone

Note: These steps do not apply to a Galaxy Fit.

On the watch, press the Power key, and then navigate to and tap Settings > General. Tap Update watch software to check for updates. For a Gear Fit2 Pro, tap Gear info, and then tap Update Gear software.

To automatically download future updates, make sure to turn on the switch next to Auto download over Wi-Fi.

After the update, restart the watch and see if the symptoms still occur.

If it continues to show the symptoms I would recommend resetting the watch. You can do so by following one of the methods to reset below. I would recommend trying the light reset before the factory, as a factory reset will reset the phone to a condition of like being straight from the factory.

-Before resetting your watch.

Whether you plan to keep your watch or give it to a friend, you will need to back up your data before you perform the reset. This will ensure your data can be restored and that you are able to access your watch after it is reset.

Before Resetting Your Watch

If necessary, turn off Reactivation lock. This lock only needs to be turned off in case you plan to sell or give the phone away.

-Reset your watch from the phone.

Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because your personal information cannot be recovered.

When it's time to reset your watch, you can do so on your phone. Just open the Galaxy Wearable app on the phone, and then touch the SETTINGS tab. Touch Find My Watch and then touch SET SECURITY. Next, touch Reset watch, and then touch RESET.

Reset Your Watch from Your Phone

If you have set a Reactivation Lock, you will be prompted to enter your Samsung account password. Enter your Samsung account password and then touch CONFIRM.

-Reset your watch.

Light Reset

1. Press Home button on your Gear Fit 2.

Reset 1

2.Touch Settings.

Reset 2

3. Scroll down and touch Gear info.

Reset 3

4. Scroll down and touch Reset Gear.

Reset 4

5.Touch Light Reset.

Reset 5A

6. Touch the check mark.

Reset 6

Factory Reset

1. Press Home button on your Gear Fit 2.

Reset 1

2.Touch Settings.

Reset 2

3. Scroll down and touch Gear info.

Reset 3

4. Scroll down and touch Reset Gear.

Reset 4

5.Touch Factory Reset.

Reset 5B

6. Touch the check mark.

Reset 6

After performing this restart the device and test to see if the symptoms continue.

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi @SamsungMoon, I tried the suggestions you gave me but none of them worked. I finally factory reset the Gear Fit 2 Pro but it is still overheating. Do you have any other suggestions? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you are still experiencing this symptom after the troubleshooting steps I would recommend having the device evaluated by a certified technician. You do have the option of going through your retailer if you have some type of extended warranty through them or I'd be more than happy to look into what options you would have through Samsung. I'll just need you to send me a private message so I can get you all setup.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I don’t know if the problem is from the watch or from the charging case, but my watch has become non-rechargeable and the golden points on the back of the watch have peeled and became gray I don’t know what to do.

my watch is gear fit 2 pro

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can you please provide me with your full model number, serial number, and pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.