cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRoSoIkgKsw
Constellation

Gear Fit 2 Pro stopped tracking steps and measuring HR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not sure if there is a fix to this yet, but I have tried soft resetting, hard resetting, and force stopping the apps. Nothing has worked. It also stopped measuring sleep. I have this problem for two days now and I am not sure if there is a fix for this. I did not update my device prior to this. It just stopped working randomly.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear Fit 2 Pro stopped tracking steps and measuring HR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some Gears with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a Software update. Please double check that your device is updated. For a temporary solution, reboot the Gear when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some Gears with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a Software update. Please double check that your device is updated. For a temporary solution, reboot the Gear when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting.

userRoSoIkgKsw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I checked for software updates and there are none. I have also tried disabling Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine and the problem still persists. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We understand, at this time our only recommendation would then be to await the next update as this should resolve the issue. I'm sorry we can't currently offer more. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Liquidj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why the specifically the Eliptical tracking? This is the type of workout I do most of the time? What about that tracking is different? My issue is that it will track normally all the way through the workout (45-60 minutes). Then after I'm done it will say "Well done" and only register 10 minutes/85 calories.

userjCd3qDP860
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

any more updates on this fix - been having problems for so long now... 

DRaider
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, it is now March 2019 and the issue still has not been resolved. My Fit 2 Pro's heart rate monitor and pedometer has not worked for 5 months and Samsung still has not done anything to resolve this issue. I had to go back for my old Fitbit that's over 3 years old and still works less some battery life.

If Samsung is not going to be able to fix the issue with an software update, the least thing the Samsung can do is to offer replacements of some sort. I purchased 2 Fit 2 Pro, one for me and one for my wife, and we now have have 2 rather glorified rubber wrist watches. This is really unacceptable for a company to not offer up any support for products that they break with bad software updates.

userh9VVuLOKAd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi men do you have any answers from you prob 

Because  i've same tour prob 

And i wonna the solution 

If you can help me 

Thanks

userCISKZZWili
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine stopped tracking steps Dec. 24 two days ago. I have tried everything, rebooting, unpairing and reparing with my phone. The wrist motion turn on feature has also stopped along with the hear rate monitor and tracking for walking or running shows no distance. What happened? I have had this for a year and suddenly it stops working. What is the fix?
userh9VVuLOKAd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi samsung what about your update for the gear fit 2 pro 

I ve the problem since 1 year i wonna the solution 

What the Neglecting