cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhapham
Constellation

Gear Fit 2 Pro unable to decline calls on Android Pie (Pixel)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First, I understand that Android Pie is still new and compatibility issues need to be ironed out, but I don't see mention of this anywhere, so I thought I'd at least chime in and report it. I have a Gear Fit 2 Pro paired to a Google Pixel (1st gen) phone. When the phone was running Android Nougat, the watch was able to decline calls by swiping up. Since the phone was upgraded and Android Pie (the official release; it never had a beta installed on it), the decline swipe on the watch does nothing. All other phone to watch notifications seem to work properly. My watch firmware is up-to-date, as are all of the Samsung support apps on the phone. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear Fit 2 Pro unable to decline calls on Android Pie (Pixel)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly if all the steps in this thread have been tried and the watch acts the same when paired to a different device, then repairs for the watch would be recommended. You are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here for more details. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Gear Fit 2 Pro unable to decline calls on Android Oreo (Pixel)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@rwhapham Just to confirm, have you checked any of the permissions or settings on the Pixel to confirm they didnt' get changed during the update? 

rwhapham
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca wrote:

@rwhaphamJust to confirm, have you checked any of the permissions or settings on the Pixel to confirm they didnt' get changed during the update? 

Yes, I did. All individual app permissions are still set to allow. I checked the 'Galaxy Wearable', 'Gear Fit Plugin', and 'Samsung Accessory Service' apps. Even toggled each of the off/on just in case.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@rwhapham Have you tried clearing the cache for the watch and watch apps? 

rwhapham
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca wrote:

@rwhaphamHave you tried clearing the cache for the watch and watch apps? 

I went ahead and cleared cache on the three apps I listed above, rebooted, and tested a call. No change in behavior, though. The call notification occurs on my watch, but when I swipe up to decline the call, nothing happens on the phone. Did you mean something different when you said "[clear] the cache for the watch"?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@rwhapham Actually, that is what I was referring to. In order to determine if it is the watch malfunctioning, or if it's some type of setting in the phone, could you try pairing the watch to a different phone and testing a call? 

rwhapham
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJecca wrote:

@rwhaphamActually, that is what I was referring to. In order to determine if it is the watch malfunctioning, or if it's some type of setting in the phone, could you try pairing the watch to a different phone and testing a call? 

First, I realized that I mis-spoke about the Android versions. The phone was on Oreo and was recently updated to the release version of Pie. That being said, the watch was able to decline calls when on Oreo, and not able to immediately after installing Pie. So I really don't think the watch is malfunctioning. Plus, I'm really not that interested in resetting my watch just to try and pair it to a different phone. Perhaps someone else is paired to an Android Pie device and can confirm whether this behavior is happening to them?

TechChuck
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the same problem, could reject calls from Gear Fit 2 using a Motorola Droid 2 Turbo under Android 8. When I updreaded to an LG V50 running Android 9, I can no longer reject calls from the watch. Everything else seems to work the same.

This is a typical situation when trying to get two different hardware/software companies to play nice with each other, each blame the other company. The reject a phone call is/was the most useful part of the Gear Fit 2, especially when driving and used multiple times everyday.

A Samsung programmer needs to get off their lazy butt and look into this issue. Too many people have the same issues as expressed in this thread. If it is like previous issues, one, or both parties are at fault for not communicating with one another about security changes/permissions in order for apps to work together. This is a duplicatable issue that a Samsung programmer can duplicate, analyse, and fix; so do something and post a fix/solution!  An unhappy Samsung customer.

userJoHjU0LA9v
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought the gear fit 2 Pro yesterday and I'm on Android pie too. The call decline function didn't work for me either.

userupI6X6ggQU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just had the same thing happen. My daughter just upgraded to a Google pixel 3 and Fitbit Versa .I got her Pixel 2 and Gear Fit2 Pro and passed my Pixel and Gear Fit to my granddaughter. Everything was pared well and working great until we reset and upgraded the phones and re-pared to each watch. No neither watch with decline phone calls .