cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Gear Fit 2 Quick Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Juanisimo this has nothing to do with third party phones.  It is about the inability of the Gear App to edit the Gear Fit 2 Quick Responses.  It's all Samsung.

Quick Responses are working for the third party phones and the third party apps.  The problem is that those Quick Responses can't be edited by the Gear App.

Blaming third parties is a great way for a product design/support team to divert/distract customer facing support teams and customers.  Customer facing support teams should advocate for customers and hold product support to account.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wasted another 30 minutes of my life talking with Samsung today.  Absolutely no progress.  Round in circles.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly it does have something to do with third party apps. I downloaded and installed a new messaging app called TEXTRA and it now updates the quick responses on my Gear Fit 2. I was using the Messenger App from Google, which wouldn't properly update the quick responses for some reason. Hope this helps and have an awesome day!

Here is a link for the app, it works great: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra&hl=en

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue is not with the apps.  The issue is a setting in the Samsung code that determines which apps use which set of Quick Responses - hard coded or configurable.  It's all Samsung.  And they refuse to fix it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this solution. Using Textra fixed my problem and I love textra. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Using Textra solved my issue.  I am using an HTC U11 and it seems the default Android messaging app does not work well with the canned response messages.  I installed Textra and made sure that it was turned ON to allow notifications within the Samsung Gear app on my phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my Gear Fit 2 and my Samsung S5.  The wierd thing is, on day one (5 days ago), I could send quick text messages and then the next day it quit working adn hasn't worked since?  Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem?!  It was one of the reasons that I bought the gear fit 2.  Frustrated

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes sorry the solution to this, at least for me, was I had to install the Android Wear app. Even though it does nothing and has nothing to do with the Gear fit 2, it has to be installed on my/your phone in order to reply to messages directly from the GF2. I preface this with saying I only use hangouts as my messaging app so I'm not sure if this is needed for other messaging apps. 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Juanisimo

It's these kinds of responses from Samsung that make customers really unhappy.  First response is to blame someone else.  This issue has nothing to do with Phone Compatibility. 

There is a Priority Setting in the Samsung code that determines whether the App can use the editable Gear Quick Responses or the GF2 Hardcoded internal Quick Responses.

It's as simple as that.  This issue was raised 10 months ago, and Samsung customer facing support are so effective at blocking defects with token responses like the one above, that these issues never reach the design team.

Well done you are doing an excellent job...

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung attitude to customers is appalling.  Support is patronizing and are specifically setup to bounce any real issues.  Reset/replace the apps or return the device are the only two options.  Useless for genuine defects which they will simply bounce and ignore.  Lesson Learned I will not buy Samsung ever again and I will advise everyone I meet against buying Samsung.