cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Gear Fit 2 Quick Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since I got my GF2 on launch day I have yet to be able to reply from the GF2 no matter who texts me from Hangouts or regular Text messages everytime I hit reply on my GF2 it tells me to check my phone. What am I doing wrong? My default messaging app is Hangouts. My phone is the Galaxy S6, Please help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Gear Fit 2 Quick Messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this  https://bilbosoft.wordpress.com

Specifically, this...

"Since last Hangouts update, You must install Android Wear App in your mobile in order to get reply options in this App."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.wearable.app

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, gtpboy. It is wonderful seeing having you here and we are happy to see you reaching out to other members for assistance. We do recommend including additional information about your devices. This may include your the full model number of your phone, current android version, carrier, the model number of your Gear Fit2, software version of your Gear Fit2, and what troubleshooting steps you may have already taken. This will allow the community to better evaluate what you are experiencing and help avoid any repetitive steps, while provide more relevant responses. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Phone model: SM-G920V (Galaxy S6)

Carrier: Verizon

Android Version: 6.0.1

Gear Model: SM-R360

Gear Software Version: R360XXU1BPG3

In the past when I've tried to reply to an SMS message or Hangouts message it had always said "Check phone". I just did a factory reset and now it just says "Failed" when I try to reply to both an SMS message or a Hangouts message.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In my case the quick messages are working but I've created some custom quick messages in the gear app on android and those custom messages are not syncing to my Fit 2.

I don't get any errors but the custom replies are just not available.

Gear Model: SM-R360

Gear Software Version: R360XXU1BPG3

Phone: LG G4

Android version: 6.0.1

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever figure out a solution to this?

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userdgDcFRghVy

I would like to ask a little bit about your device in regards to your question. 

- Full model of phone paired with your Gear Fit2

- Current Android Version of your phone

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone able to edit and sync Quick Responses to the Gear Fit 2 ?  Call Reject Messages can be updated but not Quick Responses for Text Messages.  I have reset the GF2 and removed and reloaded the Gear App but the defect persists.  Support refuse to provide support beyond telling me to reload the App and reset the GF2. 

I am using an Asus Zenfone 2 16GB Android 5.0.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can confirm, quick text responses do not transfer over correctly to the band and thus do not show up.

This is definitely a bug and should be fixed.

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I appreciate the information, and must advise that to receive the best support on compatibility with third party phones. You reach out to the developers with information about your particular device and experience.. 

You can locate their information here: Samsung Gear Manager 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried raising a defect on this a dozen times, but Samsung support are not helpful.  They simply tell you to reload the apps and then they close the ticket.