cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goober123
Constellation

Gear Fit 2 Vibration Notification Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!  So my Fit 2 Pro used to vibrate on text messages, but not anymore.  I get vibration on other notifications though like FB and such.  I'm using a Google Pixel XL.  I've reset the watch, disconnected it, and everything like that.  I'm not sure what else to check.  I do receive the notification and I can check it, but it doesn't vibrate.  Any information would be great!  Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userzdGBnlIWRb
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 Vibration Notification Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got an update on Gear Fit 2 last night. Morning I opened Gear app on phone. Asked me to update the app. I did, and now it is vibrating on all the emails. thats great. No more problem for me.

65 REPLIES 65
user4OfkJ1xwhX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also using a pixel XL and both my gear fit2 and gear fit2 pro do not vibrate or show text messages or emails any longer.  I use Android messages and Gmail for my phone apps.  I have tried everything under the sun to fix this issue.  Gear fit2 pro is brand new as of Friday Feb 23rd  and didn't show these texts/emails out of the box.  I then reverted back to my old gear fit2 and what do you know same issue.  I NEVER had an issue with the gear fit2 before Friday.  Was there a bad update?

Goober123
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, I'm not sure either but I wanna say I stopped receiving notification vibration around that time too.  All my other notifications work fine, but my messages doesn't work.  I can see and read the message on my watch, but no vibration notifation.  It's super weird.  I've tried probably almost everything too.

user7AUTxmsnFn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I both have the Fit 2 and started having this problem within the last week or so. I did notice that there was an update around the time this started, could have had something to do with that.

She has a Pixel 1, I have a Pixel 2

user7AUTxmsnFn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It does seem that using a different app could work. I just downloaded Textra and I'm now getting the notifications correctly. I know this isn't a solution, more of a temporary workaround until someone figures out what's actually going on.

Goober123
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's good to know. Maybe I'll do that as a temporary workaround until we hear more on this. It's looking like maybe the recent update must have caused it since it looks like people have been having the same issue since then.
userAKOWM1prtc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thx 01/22/2019

Yes, now receiving notifications on Gear Fit 2

userhvBtTcIfEs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still having same issue with my Gear Fit2 Pro. I have the latest update. I went to Bestbuy and they could not fix the issue. It's very frustrating because I set my phone on silent due to my work. The messages won't even show up on my gear. If it doesn't get fixed on the next update, I'm switching to different brand.

userP2P357b7J0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this issue also with my Pixel XL.  Also just started in that last week or so.

Goober123
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Seems like maybe it's an update issue. I'm wondering if it's just with Pixel phones. I tried chatting with Samsung support with very little help lol. Gave me a bunch of instructions that I told the person I already did, then he instructed me to go to the store and troubleshoot lol.

I also can confirm that Textra works for me. I can get vibrating notification with that text message app.