cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZhsl6mGiFX
Astronaut

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my Gear Fit 2 since October 2017 and when I first git it battery would last around 2-3 days depending on use. After last software update that has now gone down to only 8hrs, with everything turned off. If I use heart rate tracking and GPS it only lasts around 4-5hrs. I have had a new battery and clean software install from Samsung under warranty but still have the same problem so now have escalated the issue to refund. I believe it is a software issue, I love the device but Samsung don't seem to know/care what this obvious problem is! I have just purchased a FitBit Versa and it's AMAZING!! Does everything the Gear Fit 2 does (Notificatins, HR, Sleep etc) and is 50m water proof!. Doesn't have buit in GPS but I'm ok with that as I only ever used my Gear Fit 2 with my phone anyway so just the same.

Eikalipse
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i have the same problem as everyone else here. once activity hits in, battery drains i couple hours. I get up at 5 and by 9-10 it turns off. Yes, i do have an active work. Whats the point of having it, if it doesnt last? sooo dissapointed ! ive had it for more than a year and bever had an issue till may update. Im considering to move to a fitbit. Atleast it will do what it says ...
useroznIciKMc4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This used to work fine; I could charge it every day for 10 minutes while I was in the shower and maybe an extra 20-30 minutes one day a week and it would easily last the whole week. Now I can't get through a single day without a 30 minute charge and even then it's on low battery at the end of the day. Something in the last update really messed this thing up. If Samsung doesn't want to acknolwedge that, I'm sure many of us will be happy to find a different brand for our next watches, which we're appearently going to need sooner rather than later.

user4NQ6TS5zx4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Samsung Fit 2 for over a year now, but the last update, as soon as I do something physical, like mow a lawn, the battery just drains, 50% in an hour.  Never had this problem before.

Highlighted
userpMgFwKaOxb
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here .  I'm watching battery drain of about 1 percent every 25 minutes and just about everything turned off - even gesture wakeup.  This started after the last update. 

Additionally, my GF2 started some funky activity with calories burned . It suddenly started to offset the previous day's burn to the day before leaving a blank for yesterday's burn . It also started to modify the previous day's total at the end of the day. It used to be temporary until the GF2 resynced with my phone, but appears to be permanent now.  I lost about 300 calories off my total burn for the day before yesterday .

All this behavior is new since the recent spring firmware update .

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting the Gear? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userpMgFwKaOxb: Just checking in to see if you still needed help with this. 

Sohum
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Michelle,

This is a very serious issue.

Please look into it and don't say its solved issue.

My model number is SM-R365
The software version is R365XXU2CRC7.

Even if everything is off i.e. Bluetooth, wifi, location .brightness kept to 1.

Gear does not last more than 5 hours.

I have also tested it using power save mode on one day and it hardly lasts for 6 hours.

I think the last update was pathetic.

Is there any way to factory reset so that it will get back to original software and I can check the performance.

OR 

You may want to withdraw this update.

I will also write a review about this on device selling websites.

I think this is not worth for this much expensive device.

uservDfzwamdMj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This device is absolutely worthless. I cant believe the nerve of your company to hide this problem under the rug and act like nothing.

usercqX8tpHgmR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has started happening to me. It seems to be ok whilst close to the phone but when I  carry the Gear fit in my pocket as I walk around the hospital doing my work within a couple of hours (approx 4500 steps) it has lost all charge.  All settings have been adjusted as recommended. It is basically no use at all  at the moment