cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhOIgYSwp8I
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue and found a solution. Hope it helps for everyone else...

1) Open the Gear Fit App (now called Galaxy Wearable).

2) Under "About Gear" click on the battery circle.

3) This will bring you to a page that breaks down the battery usage (takes awhile to load).

4) My battery usage was at 37% for "Steps". If this is the case for you, click on the steps icon. This should bring you to the version number and some options of uninstall or force stop.

5) Click on force stop.

My Gear Fit Pro 2 continued counting steps but the battery drain has stopped. Haven't had to charge it in a couple of days. Hope this works for others!!!

userd9Ub9w4xPJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine drained to zero after 24 hours on power saving mode! I have tried to follow the advice below and get to the battery usage, but can’t click on the steps icon to force the stop. Yesterday on normal usage I got less than 8 hours before needing a charge. WiFi and location are both disabled.
userWuk3svpDtP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy wearable is not available for iOS. I have galaxy gear and clicking on the step gives me no further options

userNLWSVBzAca
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Open your wear app, link app and Samsung health app and clear the caches of each. That solves the battery drain. You have to do it about once a week though

Discordkestrel
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found I was having this issue after the new update, battery was lasting about 5 hours. Did a factory reset on the device and set it all up again, so far the battery is at 90% after 9 hours (using a battery saver watch face, no vibrations, all connections off, heart rate and auto tracking on)  Hope this helps! 

userXi9EgXo4RH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found that the watch seems to reach some sort of critical memory issue after more than 2 weeks use where the battery starts to drain and watch gets less responsive. What I do is first fully charge it, then do a full reset and I find this always fixes it for another few weeks until the memory clogs up again. Once the battery starts to drain it almost fully discharges after 1 day to like 15%. But after reset it will again behave discharging to about 70% after 1 day.

userZ7j37MChis
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My battery issues started after the last upgrade. So, I reset it and left only notifications and GPS on. I think the new weather app looks for the location and, with the GPS off, it keeps looking. Someone try to turn the GPS on and let us know if helped.
hkypuck
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can barely make it through the night. I charge before going to bed and when I wake up I'm at 10%. I then need to charge twice during the day. 

The thing spends more time on the charger than it does on my wrist. 

I went from a fitbit that lasted a week to this. Pretty disapointing. 

userFgdV4Anp24
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issue here. any progress or solution so far?

usersZcdfRTcJZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went in the weather app settings on my phone. I turned off location and set update interval to 12 hours. Hope this helps.